Gearbox type??

skiday

Reaction score
Hi folks

I realise this is an elementary question that will make me out as a newbie, but how can one be sure what type of auto box I have? My car is a 2012 Mk2 2.0 TDI Quatro. I assume I have a 'multitronc' box, which is a CVT with ratios select by driver or ECU as opposed to 'S-Tronic' which is a DSG double clutch, or could they have offered a traditional auto box?? Anyway, the point is there is nothing written down anywhere in the paperwork to specifically say what type of box it is - so how should you be sure?

Thanks

Well it doesn't drive like my Skoda Octavia VRS with DSG. It drives like a traditional auto with torque convertor (although I know the multitronic is a CVT with artificially created ratios). The question is though, how can you be sure? i.e. where can you look it up instead of just taking the word of someone who says they know?

The VIN is TRUZZZ8J7C1014058.
Also it would be good to know the oil capacity. ebay seller: ebay.co.uk/itm/203480757283 sells kit with 6l and, seeing as the engine change is 4.6l (I believe), that seems a lot.

02E DQ250 6 speed DSG
I’m reading 7L on another site but a drop and fill won’t get all the old fluid out anyway. You need someone with a flushing machine to do it properly.

6B6F2FEC 0EB5 4563 BF31 CB63F5ACEF80

That is extremely helpful, thanks. It is confusing to the public that Audi choose to call it 'S tronic' and not 'DSG' like other VAG manufacturers. Even then the code is something else again (NMC??) They don't like to make life simple do they??