8V Trim Removal (help)

mrtaa

Reaction score
Hi, i am installing audio system myself in my 2017 a3. I am having some problems. I cant remove A pillar trim for tweeter change. I pull the airbag plastic, then pull a pillar from its top with help of removal plastic. I pulled hard but It is not coming. I dont want to break anything. Also i cannot remove underside trims ( i dont know exact name but it is black plastic which covers cables). I installed a amp cable from battery to back. But that was really hard. Trims didnt come off, i had to push cable under it without removing. But i will install more cables for speakers so i have to find a way to remove these trims.
I need your help.

Hi, i am installing audio system myself in my 2017 a3. I am having some problems. I cant remove A pillar trim for tweeter change. I pull the airbag plastic, then pull a pillar from its top with help of removal plastic. I pulled hard but It is not coming. I dont want to break anything. Also i cannot remove underside trims ( i dont know exact name but it is black plastic which covers cables). I installed a amp cable from battery to back. But that was really hard. Trims didnt come off, i had to push cable under it without removing. But i will install more cables for speakers so i have to find a way to remove these trims.
I need your help.

There’s a screw under the airbag name plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlier models (PFL) had a screw behind the airbag logo, but I think the FL models didn't - they had a chunky piece of plastic with the airbag logo on, which just pulls out.

Apologies yes I was thinking of the PFL.

The FL just has a clip.

Here’s a picture from my Dash cam install on my old 8V FL

10b5919bb51b8faab39fd4fb06f5f1f3.jpg

Apologies yes I was thinking of the PFL.

The FL just has a clip.

Here’s a picture from my Dash cam install on my old 8V FL

10b5919bb51b8faab39fd4fb06f5f1f3.jpg

Finally i removed by pulling hard as i can. I was not expecting to use that much force. But i think i put it back wrong. It doesnt look same as the other side. My main problem is with underside plastic which for cables. I cannot pull them out completely. In the youtube videos, they remove it easily

Reactions: 8YARWY