Is the dealership lying about paying new price for cancelled order?

Rs3Dude

Reaction score
So a friend ordered a carbon black RS3 sometime back, the plan was to buy the car off him so he told the dealer to refund his deposit and transfer the order over to me..

The price for the CB that I was expecting to pay is 56.5 however the salesman at the dealership where the order was cancelled said:

Hi XXXXX,

XXXXX told me you would like to take the RS3 build slot he has cancelled – I need to get this done asap as stock control have seen deposit refund and may now cancel the slot altogether if another order isn’t generated.

Can we sort this tomorrow? I just need to know how your buying (outright or finance?) and then I would need full name, DOB, address and postcode, mobile and email plus the £500 deposit.

I asked about paying the same price for the car at the time my friend order it and got the following response.

"Spec attached but price is £62,460 due to the price increases – car once de tagged and re tagged to you is subject to the increase I cannot avoid that so that is the price – if no good let me know as I do have someone else as I don’t want to loose the build slot"

Just wondering if this is true and sales fella isn't trying to pull a fast one as I will be going off a right one tommorrow.

So a friend ordered a carbon black RS3 sometime back, the plan was to buy the car off him so he told the dealer to refund his deposit and transfer the order over to me..

The price for the CB that I was expecting to pay is 56.5 however the salesman at the dealership where the order was cancelled said:

Hi XXXXX,

XXXXX told me you would like to take the RS3 build slot he has cancelled – I need to get this done asap as stock control have seen deposit refund and may now cancel the slot altogether if another order isn’t generated.

Can we sort this tomorrow? I just need to know how your buying (outright or finance?) and then I would need full name, DOB, address and postcode, mobile and email plus the £500 deposit.

I asked about paying the same price for the car at the time my friend order it and got the following response.

"Spec attached but price is £62,460 due to the price increases – car once de tagged and re tagged to you is subject to the increase I cannot avoid that so that is the price – if no good let me know as I do have someone else as I don’t want to loose the build slot"

Just wondering if this is true and sales fella isn't trying to pull a fast one as I will be going off a right one tommorrow.
This sounds genuine in my experience. I ordered the vorsprung version nearly 4 months ago. I asked about changing to Carbon Black and the salesman said not only would I go to the back of the queue, but I would also be subject to the price increase. Suffice to say I left it as is.

Reactions: Rs3Dude
This sounds genuine in my experience. I ordered the vorsprung version nearly 4 months ago. I asked about changing to Carbon Black and the salesman said not only would I go to the back of the queue, but I would also be subject to the price increase. Suffice to say I left it as is.

It's a bit silly but I guess it is what it is!

It's a bit silly but I guess it is what it is!
It's an example of them taking the you know what! More than a 10% increase for changing the details seems ridiculous to me but it would also seem to be consistent with what I've been told about order changes of any type. Others on here though have been told orders can't be transferred to another person. Who knows what is going on?!! What are you going to do?

I got told the same. The OP is slightly different though as it's the same car no changes made ...

TX.

I got told the same. The OP is slightly different though as it's the same car no changes made ...

TX.
I agree, although I think the continuing theme of our experiences in this area is that changes of any type, including the name of the person on the order form, attract the new prices.

It’s correct. The price protection is applied to that particular customer when it gets de tagged the price protection is removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of those crappy "If only I'd known" situations. If you could have bought it straight from him of course...

Hi XXXXX,

Sounds about right to me, I basically asked if I could sell my deposit, Which in a round about way is what you are looking to do. Once the order is Detagged then a) It reverts to current price & also reverts to the back of the Metaphorical queue........

Could it be done though by just waiting for the car to be delivered, rocking up to dealership with AN Other in tow and just letting the other person register the car instead?

TX.

Could it be done though by just waiting for the car to be delivered, rocking up to dealership with AN Other in tow and just letting the other person register the car instead?

TX.
Or could it just be financed at the point of acceptance? I guess it would be technically a used car but so what?!! You'd still be saving thousands on having the order in your name.

TX.
But if it’s on finance AN Other is stuck with the finance agreement and then has to hope his mate pays up every month - I’m assuming…..Now I like my mates but not sure I’d take on a finance agreement for £60k plus for them.

But if it’s on finance AN Other is stuck with the finance agreement and then has to hope his mate pays up every month - I’m assuming…..Now I like my mates but not sure I’d take on a finance agreement for £60k plus for them.
They can just pay off the finance.