Oil pressure warning light

Xerxes_VII

Reaction score
Hi Guys, first post here, so sorry if formatting is incorrect

Have a 2006 Audi A3 2.0T
Engine code - AXX, BPY, BWA, CAWB

Twice in the past 2 weeks the oil pressure warning light has come on, noticed if you drive normally the light does not appear (can even do 70mph fine) also checked the oil level twice since the issue appeared and it is fine

The light only seems to appear if you really put your foot down quite a bit - for example blasting it down a strip of dual carriage/road (each way)

Hopefully the above might be a good indicator of what it could be

possible causes
oil pressure sensor - think if this was the case the light would come on even if driving normally
oil pickup pipe/sump - Leaning more towards this and getting it cleaned
oil pump - car is not making any strange noises, sounds normal, also would the light not appear more frequently?

Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks,

I would check the oil pump unit that is in the sump iirc, I've known this to have a bent or broke bolt & it goes to shxt after that & it's damn expensive to change as the bolt isn't available separately, me & Audi used another bolt from some other area that matched hardness etc, if it goes then it's probably cheaper to find another engine.

Suffice to say the owner treated the car like shxt & wondered why after we fixed everything else why the pump went, well of course when cars running properly, any part that's been taking up the slack will be less capable on an engine that's running as it should, she was quite literally a fecking idiot.

Reactions: Xerxes_VII