Rust on bottom of wheel arch

Adrianhh

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just bought a 2018 rs3 two weeks ago and i love it! But i did notice the car had already started showing some rust on the bottom of the wheel arch/side skirt or whatever you call it.. Is this something my warranty will cover? Still have a year left of my 5 year warranty, but im not sure if Audi will just say it happened because of stone chipping or something and tell me to pay out of my own pocket to fix it... Has anyone had luck fixing this on the warranty?

Do you have any photos? I suspect Audi would say it isn’t covered. But if you just bought it from an Audi dealer maybe you could complain to get it repaired as they sold it to you with a problem.

Do you have any photos? I suspect Audi would say it isn’t covered. But if you just bought it from an Audi dealer maybe you could complain to get it repaired as they sold it to you with a problem.
Yes, bought it from an Audi dealer. Its not much but i know it will only get worse if i wait longer to get it fixed.

Attachments

• Snapchat-841266793.jpg
    Snapchat-841266793.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 112
  • Snapchat-1740260582.jpg
    Snapchat-1740260582.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111
Yes, bought it from an Audi dealer. Its not much but i know it will only get worse if i wait longer to get it fixed.

Has it had spacers on ? I’ve seen similar on a car that ran spacers.
It pebble dashes the paint resulting in rust eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Adrianhh
Has it had spacers on ? I’ve seen similar on a car that ran spacers.
It pebble dashes the paint resulting in rust eventually.

Not that i know of The car has jr rims with bigger tires than stock tho, 245/35/19. The same thing happened to my old b8 s4 too, a lot of rust in the bottom of the wheel arch, but that was after 11 years and 100k km So im a bit dissapointed it has started to rust so soon...

Not that i know of The car has jr rims with bigger tires than stock tho, 245/35/19. The same thing happened to my old b8 s4 too, a lot of rust in the bottom of the wheel arch, but that was after 11 years and 100k km So im a bit dissapointed it has started to rust so soon...

Anything wider will expose more of the lower bodywork to small stones / grit flying off the rubber, you can see how the paint has started disappearing off the plastic side skirts where they face the tyre tread.

Always a trade off with these things, especially if it’s constantly been driven hard.