2014 Audi A3 1.8T stage 1 worth it ?

Maxoudert

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently bought a 2014 Audi A3 1.8T (not quattro...).
I wanted to get an S3 but in Australia most insurances won't cover you if you're under 30' for this kind of car.

So I got the A3 which is about 180hp and wondering if it's worth doing a stage 1 claiming about +50-60hp and +100nm.
The car is not Quattro and tyres already spinning anytime I put the foot down at a green light.
I've already put bigger wheels from an S3 which are 19'' and quite wide.

Also, some tuners recommends a Dsg remap for a smoother shift and better torque with the stage 1, what do you guys thinks?

Thanks a lot !

I'd say go for it as you will feel the difference & I'd also recommend a DSG tune. Most tuners will offer a package deal if you are getting ECU+TCU at the same time. I would say use a trusted tuner which doesn't necessarily have to be a big named brand so do plenty of research prior to diving in. Use a company who have a rolling road so they can fully health check your car prior to any remapping.

I'd say go for it as you will feel the difference & I'd also recommend a DSG tune. Most tuners will offer a package deal if you are getting ECU+TCU at the same time. I would say use a trusted tuner which doesn't necessarily have to be a big named brand so do plenty of research prior to diving in. Use a company who have a rolling road so they can fully health check your car prior to any remapping.
Thanks for your reply, I've seen so many tuners on Facebook and Google with good reviews but some bigger ones seems more reliable but also more expensive, but I feel it's like doing your service at Audi for 3x the price of a local dealer for the same results... I just want to make sure it's safe for the car cays some will bring the car up +30hp, some others +55hp Etc... And they all obviously say that it's safe