Driver side door electrical issue

Reaction score
Hello
My driver side door some timesdoesn’t lock with the central and some times it does lock with all other doors when it’s not locked or shut properly door open sign appears in the warning signs and the window controls also didn’t work rest of the doors are fine windows control works on others just not the driving side front door it seems like the just door lost the electrical power the other issue is with the steering control buttons they just stop working and the paddle shifters also they were working fine they suddenly stop working
Appreciate any help

Hello
My driver side door some timesdoesn’t lock with the central and some times it does lock with all other doors when it’s not locked or shut properly door open sign appears in the warning signs and the window controls also didn’t work rest of the doors are fine windows control works on others just not the driving side front door it seems like the just door lost the electrical power the other issue is with the steering control buttons they just stop working and the paddle shifters also they were working fine they suddenly stop working
Appreciate any help
Hi,
Before you start pulling things apart, you should pull back the Rubber boot on the door connection and check for broken wires or water ingres into the conector block
It's a very common fault on the A3,4 and TT Model's.
I had a A3 Sportback 2010 with the same problems.
I've recently sold 2 of these connections to repair the same faults.

Hope you find this useful
China Dave