Exhaust

Well after doing some driving it’s a big improvement worth doing and valves keep their open state even when locking / unlocking the car.

It also opens both valves automatically when the car is put into S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do they stay open when you flick to M from S?

Reactions: 8YARWY
Yes as you're still in S, hence the display showing M1S, M2S etc
Cheers.
Daft question time as I've never ventured into valve control, but, is there any impact on performance I.e. do the valves assist with low end power or are they there purely for noise control?

Is this the one you went for?

For £300 ish that’s sounds really promising especially if it’s fault light / error code free too

a2d20d19748513ce48e3b445da9593f5.jpg

Yup. With SSA wire (May as well spec it as it comes as a separate item and doesn’t seem to be extra cost.)

Don’t forget you pay import tax upon UPS taking it for delivery in the Uk.

Reactions: kayemill and Keano04
Cheers.
Daft question time as I've never ventured into valve control, but, is there any impact on performance I.e. do the valves assist with low end power or are they there purely for noise control?

No impact, I ran a Cete on my FL 8V for 3 years.

Reactions: Terminator x and RSt3ve
I decided to scan the car again just now.

This error stays and was reluctant to clear with. VCDS , OBD 11 didn’t show an error at all. So I used VCP in ‘engineer’ mode and cleared it.

d5e8a440648ea5ebec3c130e25ebc6fd.jpg

94a1703a70e1b09e7d098ac6b797b760.jpg

Cycled the ASR a few times and it didn’t return.

eca49ce7a525dc301c16ddef940047a5.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s a sound comparison video.

Starts with valves open then closed then back open.

You can make out the tone change.

Reactions: cooperp, RS03???, garethdj and 4 others
ASR error back again.

I’ve a feeling it’s related to startup as this time it happened as I started up to leave work.

Have emailed ASR see what they think

8f6f8551a7e72dfab6542d1a92c68436.jpg

Doesn’t come back from an ignition off cycle or starting up the car.

Unless it’s after a lock / unlock / start cycle error.

Will check this.

Last edited:
After I fitted the racechip I did a check scan, I didn't see that error from having the AVC fitted and it's been on 5-6 weeks now, strange, wonder what ASR come back with.

ASR error back again.

I’ve a feeling it’s related to startup as this time it happened as I started up to leave work.

Will check this.

That’s a shame. Will be interested to hear what they say…

Reactions: Mike.46
After I fitted the racechip I did a check scan, I didn't see that error from having the AVC fitted and it's been on 5-6 weeks now, strange, wonder what ASR come back with.

It’s a start up error.

Once cleared it doesn’t come back until the next start up.

I can operate the valves as many times as possible and it doesn’t reoccur whilst engine is running.

I’ll see what ASR say in the morning.

Reactions: Lucasquattro, Mike.46 and Add_Profile
ASR error back again.

Will check this.

That’s annoying! I’ve a feeling that every module manufacturer (asr, cete, etc) just thought that their controller will work fine on 8y and without errors like those did on the 8v and so didn’t carefully tested it on every condition.

My RX2 was faulty, your came with wrong cables and is giving errors…considering these problems it’ll be better to just unplug the valves and keep money for future better solutions.

The car is getting louder the "looser" it is... around 1300 miles now. I have driven around 600 and it definitely is louder.

One observation - I feel like on start-up after leaving the car overnight the starter motor is a bit "slow" to start compared to my 8V. I almost feel like on a cold day it might not start... anyone else got this impression? I am not concerned after all it hasn't actually failed to start and it is under warranty but I have noticed it.

That’s annoying! I’ve a feeling that every module manufacturer (asr, cete, etc) just thought that their controller will work fine on 8y and without errors like those did on the 8v and so didn’t carefully tested it on every condition.

My RX2 was faulty, your came with wrong cables and is giving errors…considering these problems it’ll be better to just unplug the valves and keep money for future better solutions.

I’m happy with what the ASR does and how it does it, just need an answer from them on what is the cause of the start up low voltage error.

The Cete I used on the 8V ran perfect.

Perhaps the new car is more sensitive to these I’m not sure, although Doja above reports no errors from his Cete on the 8Y.

If it can’t be sorted I’ll buy the Cete and return this ASR.

Reactions: Mike.46 and Add_Profile
The car is getting louder the "looser" it is... around 1300 miles now. I have driven around 600 and it definitely is louder.

One observation - I feel like on start-up after leaving the car overnight the starter motor is a bit "slow" to start compared to my 8V. I almost feel like on a cold day it might not start... anyone else got this impression? I am not concerned after all it hasn't actually failed to start and it is under warranty but I have noticed it.

No. Mine works fine. Every time.

New module being sent out.

He seems to think the one I have may have been damaged by the LHD loom they initially sent.
e0f390ec1f9f64492f3d2b6c36aac648.png

Reactions: Mike.46 and Add_Profile
Good that the vendor is being so helpfull, but there again your probably doing his development work :)

I’m happy with what the ASR does and how it does it, just need an answer from them on what is the cause of the start up low voltage error.

The Cete I used on the 8V ran perfect.

Perhaps the new car is more sensitive to these I’m not sure, although Doja above reports no errors from his Cete on the 8Y.

If it can’t be sorted I’ll buy the Cete and return this ASR.

Does it pop the error up with just ignition on or on actual start up? theres lots of odd stuff happens with key Off and initial key on

I wonder if Audi monitor the 'tuning/aftermarket' parts and buy say an ASR and give it to the programmers with instructions to 'make this pop an error code up' if fitted?

Does it pop the error up with just ignition on or on actual start up?

I wonder if Audi monitor the 'tuning/aftermarket' parts and buy say an ASR and give it to the programmers with instructions to 'make this pop an error code up' if fitted?
After engine start up.....

I can then clear it while running, i can operate the flaps as many times as i like and it doesn't appear, it does appear on next start up though.

No, mine always starts fine, but does seem to turn over for a while before starting?, maybe 1 1/2 seconds but certainly doesnt start instantly.

On the exhaust I do wonder how quiet the std exhaust is compared to the 'Sports exhaust' I havent noticed ours getting much louder but one thing I have tried again is swapping between say individual or RS back to Auto or efficiency when on adaptive cruise and initially (200 mile) it made a good 5mpg difference, now at 2000miles I cant see any difference at all.
It will still do all but 40mpg on our 55mile drive to the coast at 75 mph

Good that the vendor is being so helpfull, but there again your probably doing his development work :)
I'd imagine they tested this on the cars in the You Tube clips, after all you can't start claiming it is 'error free' then it does start generating errors.

It's worth sticking with these things until a resolution is found, that way others that purchase the module will have these problems ironed out.

Mine its same

New module being sent out.

He seems to think the one I have may have been damaged by the LHD loom they initially sent.
e0f390ec1f9f64492f3d2b6c36aac648.png

How much was in total? And how much tax

Here’s a sound comparison video.

Starts with valves open then closed then back open.

You can make out the tone change.

Even on phone speakers, that is night and day different, sounds so much better open. Thanks for posting that, this mod has gone from maybe to must have now.

With regards to increasing noise with mileage, I'm at 2k now and it's starting to get a little deeper. A few more long runs over the next few weeks and I think it'll improve a bit more.

So...... fitted my ASR this morning and I can say I am a happy boy. Must admit I took a little longer than @8YARWY did to fit his, and I bottled out of fitting the wire for the SSA because I was having a little trouble with the trim around the glovebox. But, is it worth money - absolutely !

Reactions: 8YARWY and Add_Profile
Which valve conttol you guy using it?
The CETE Automotive AVC or ASR?

On the ASR did I need to order the SSA memory?
I ordered it but didn't fit it in the end because I was having a bit of trouble around the glove box, the german instructions don't really help too much there. @8YARWY fitted it all successfully though. I guess it is just a matter of what you want, and I can live without SSA memory

New ASR module finally arrived today.

Fingers crossed then.

Reactions: RS03???, itsbigyellow and RSt3ve
Watching with interest! Fingers crossed.

I’ve just fitted it and cycled it / did a start up cycle and there are no errors showing now.

I’ll go for a drive in an hour or so and then scan it again.

Will report back.

Reactions: Terminator x, Keano04, kayemill and 2 others