Spare wheel carrier bolt thigy

cactusgreen

Reaction score
Website
www.thedomesticovencleaner.co.uk
70 plate A3 saloon that's my dad's had no spare wheel just the hole and that rubbish goop.....got the wheel and bits no problem, but then thought isn't there a plastic pillar that bolts it down?? We did same in our S3 but that already had one holding the sub in.

Question then....are they all the same part as it looks like there's a slot for something in the saloon

1K0803899D might be the part​

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220330-081252_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220330-081252_Chrome.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 50
No I meant pic of the wheel well to check its got the metal slot for the base part to fix in place to screw down onto.

70 plate A3 saloon that's my dad's had no spare wheel just the hole and that rubbish goop.....got the wheel and bits no problem, but then thought isn't there a plastic pillar that bolts it down?? We did same in our S3 but that already had one holding the sub in.

Question then....are they all the same part as it looks like there's a slot for something in the saloon
From memory, when I bought my 2019 there are two options. They both look the same, just one is longer. I'd have thought if you gave your vin No to an Audi dealer they would tell you which was correct for your vehicle. the problem I had was they had to physically test for fit as on my 2019 model a space saver spare was not an option so the system could not identify which should fit.

Colin

It will be the same for him, vin in etka will show what the car has fitted, highlighted in black, it will not show which may fit, everything else is greyed out, so again it will be suck & see so to speak.

Thats kind of what I figured....as its not an option to pick. There is a sort of raised metal bracket with an empty slot so guess it's try one and see how the length is then if there's 2 choices.

got from the local dealer when I got a space saver spare wheel for my wife’s Q3. Just gave them the reg and them got the part for me the next day - cost less than £10.

space saver is a option on the A3 so shouldn’t be difficult to identify the part needed. If they are being difficult try tom @ crew audi who are a site sponsor - always vert helpful

Reactions: v10oe
got from the local dealer when I got a space saver spare wheel for my wife’s Q3. Just gave them the reg and them got the part for me the next day - cost less than £10.

space saver is a option on the A3 so shouldn’t be difficult to identify the part needed. If they are being difficult try tom @ crew audi who are a site sponsor - always vert helpful
Is the space saver available as an option again. I know when I priced up my 2017 factory order it was. When I ordered 2 weeks later it had been withdrawn and I was unaware Audi how reintroduced it since then.

Colin

Is the space saver available as an option again. I know when I priced up my 2017 factory order it was. When I ordered 2 weeks later it had been withdrawn and I was unaware Audi how reintroduced it since then.

Colin
Yep - its still an option on the configurator

Reactions: eribaMotters