ABT RS3 460 Hp

Piggy back ECU.

As always not cheap either.

70e6c607e933f17d7394ea947da26ea3.jpg

1f9446ec13abdc4b64723a11cd84d466.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little bit of a con when they show the std car at Audi's 'stated' hp figure of 400hp compared to their claimed 460hp, 60 hp seems like a nice increase, but we know that most cars seem to be showing around 420hp on dyno's an extra 40 hp for close to £4k doesnt seem good value

Reactions: NathanRS3 and 8YARWY
A little bit of a con when they show the std car at Audi's 'stated' hp figure of 400hp compared to their claimed 460hp, 60 hp seems like a nice increase, but we know that most cars seem to be showing around 420hp on dyno's an extra 40 hp for close to £4k doesnt seem good value

Was the same last time and MTM are as bad.

Reactions: Mike.46
8000 Euros? :wtf: Or have i read that wrong?
2 options one has max speed increase.

Still far too much money and as Mike says the standard car output can be more than the quoted figures, so the gain is small.......

MTM will offer similar no doubt with equally as crazy price tag.

It's interesting though that ABT actually offered this on the Seat Cupra estate ST-R as a Factory option which took it to 350 hp.

MTM actually do offer something similar

Reactions: Mike.46
Do I get a spare RS3 with that as well

Early RS3 used to eat middle cyl piston for fun when pushed too hard, apparently down to exhaust length to Turbo, when I forged the lads RS3 engine I thought I would try the pistons/rods secondhand on ebay, they sold like hot cakes :)

MTM actually do offer something similar

Dont they just intercept/alter the can bus signals to the cars ecu? gearbox tirque sensors would still pick it up though

Reactions: V6_Man
Dont they just intercept/alter the can bus signals to the cars ecu? gearbox tirque sensors would still pick it up though
That's all these piggybacks ever do unfortunately, fool the ECU, the RS3 ECU is quite clever though so they aren't foolproof

That's all these piggybacks ever do unfortunately, fool the ECU, the RS3 ECU is quite clever though so they aren't foolproof
Even when you look at some of the higher end plug and play ecu's (lads RS3/Golf Mk2) runs Syvecs and as good as they are compared to the OEM ecu they're a little bit agricultural to say the least
As far as I am aware they still havent got the control of the high pressure fuel pump sorted, I spent weeks sorting out loads of stuff within the ecu, as an eg: the exhaust cam advance wouldnt follow the set points under certain conditions and would re*ard the cam, I found the HP fuel pump load under boost was overcoming their PID control, we forget just how good modern ecu's are

Reactions: V6_Man and cooperp
Even when you look at some of the higher end plug and play ecu's (lads RS3/Golf Mk2) runs Syvecs and as good as they are compared to the OEM ecu they're a little bit agricultural to say the least
As far as I am aware they still havent got the control of the high pressure fuel pump sorted, I spent weeks sorting out loads of stuff within the ecu, as an eg: the exhaust cam advance wouldnt follow the set points under certain conditions and would re*ard the cam, I found the HP fuel pump load under boost was overcoming their PID control, we forget just how good modern ecu's are
Syvecs knock control is very good though :)

Reactions: V6_Man
Interesting thread - Love reading up from the tech chaps who know there Sh1t big time :respekt:

Reactions: Terminator x
Evil GT dyno'd an RS3 8Y and surprisingly it was only 405bhp, i think

Large part of cost will be their warranty as they warrant what Audi won't.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
Was going to say the same thing. It covers their warranty and development, plus the fact that they wont sell them in huge numbers.

I had a piggyback system on my RS4 as the ecu was locked back then. The car was totally mental once installed! JFA did the work.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Detail Devil
I had a jb4 on my s3 for a while, burger motorsports JB systems seem to be good tbh I had no issues and it was just as good as the map I've got on it now, on the surface at least