Many, many problems.

edxowen

Reaction score
I’ve had my A3 35 TFSI S-line for about 6 months now. Everything has just gone downhill. Constant SOS warning light and Audi Pre sense warning light. Logs me out of the smartphone/my Audi interference every three days or so and therefore MyAudi app can’t connect. The reverse camera stops working every few days until I turn the car off and on again. Apple CarPlay sometimes connects, sometimes doesn’t. The infotainment screen randomly “initialises” about 2 times a day, meaning no music, navigation etc for around 2 minutes. The microphone doesn’t work Half the time so I end up receiving calls only to not be able to respond to them. Anyone got any fixes for (even one) of these issues?
9afb17b6baa9010381e9ab5d2c961746.jpg

When someone cant hear you or you lose sat nav its because of sos warning

I may be able to explain one of your issues. The Audi Pre sense warning light at start up is usually caused by parking the car with its bonnet end-on to a wall. The solution is not to park front so close to walls :welcoming: . The warning light can be ignored, assuming it clears soon after you drive off.

Mine was registered November 2020
I’ve had many of those problems it’s had a few software updates over the year but since the last update in December it’s been the car it should of been when I collected it. ( software version 3620 ) is installed now.

Take the car to the dealership, it appears the first releases from 2020 of A3`s are on a re-call for two module changes, one is lane assist the other is the service module....changing these might cure any issues. It is highly important that users have confidence in some of the automated safety features, otherwise they simply will not have any faith in them actually working in a real life situation....after paying out $30bil for the emissions scandle, then I would suspect the last thing they need is to be sued because one of there systems failed!..... I am sure most of these issues are software related and should be ignored, but that is not what you payed for so go take the car in and ask about these two modules....they are on the system to be changed on all cars, it might be done on your first service.

The solution is not to park front so close to walls :welcoming: . The warning light can be ignored, assuming it clears soon after you drive off.
Not convinced it's wall related. Although yes it does go away once driving off. Thankfully my car mainly only pings SOS warning (more locations these days). It has 2 software updates it need
IMG20220310152132

Reactions: AdamInKent
Not convinced it's wall related. Although yes it does go away once driving off. Thankfully my car mainly only pings SOS warning (more locations these days). It has 2 software updates it needView attachment 251056
Saying that, fuel economy isn't a problem E10 or E5 or whatever. Currently has half and half of E10 Texaco and E5 Tesco Momentum 99. Filled to brim, from half tank almost 2 weeks ago for £1.49, done almost a hundred miles (I reset the mileage when I filled) and it still shows 515 miles till empty, means theorethically this tank would be for almost 600 miles!

I believe the MMI rebooting issue is caused by the on-board LTE losing signal in bad cellular areas, so it can't access your data for your personal profile.

The only solution I've tried that works is logging in as "guest" each time.

It still remembers any settings you've entered as a guest, and my app still displays car data.

Since I started doing this, it hasn't reset at all yet, and it's been over 6 months.

I also believe that Audi are aware of this and are "working on a solution" but I'm not holding my breath.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Do these problems just effect cars built in 2020 or are the ones having issues too?

My Wifes (21 plate S Line delivered last May) has this SOS bong every single ****** time she starts the engine. Drives her mad. Has stopped logging in and instead does a guest, but still gets that. She's been to Audi several times and on the last visit (six weeks ago now), she was told it needs a new part, that they've ordered and is waiting to be called back .. but almost a year on and still having the same issues - shouldn't happen!

Nigel, I think it might be "remembering" the last time it happened and reminds her every time. Has she tried holding the SOS call button down until it makes the call, then cancelling the call on the touch screen? That usually gets rid of the warning (until next time)