Can my car have AC retrofitted ?

RS3 Dreams

Reaction score
My heating unit
0E3F1ACC 771F 40F6 88F5 2B95EAA5034E

Yes but it’s a major and difficult upgrade.

If you're going to upgrade to basic ac, might as well go to full climate, I'd do it for you but as darren states, its not cheap.

I didn’t realise there were 8Ps without ac to be fair I’ve had a quick count up in my head and you’d need:

Compressor
Alternator belt
Evaporator
Condenser
Receiver drier
TX value
Maybe a new heater box
All the piping
A boatload of seals

Then the control unit.

Maybe more I’m tired at the minute so probably missed something. But it’s a hell of a lot for a system that lets face it leaks more often than not and you have to get regassed every 2 years minimum. Mine hasn’t worked for a few years personally I don’t miss (also I need to find my leak)

I’ve never said this to anyone but it would genuinely be cheaper to get another A3 with ac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NHN
Yeah heater box 100% needs swapping, all the flaps, motors, etc, as we know mate from our r&d even facelift needs things swapped out, its doable, but expensive.

If you're going to upgrade to basic ac, might as well go to full climate, I'd do it for you but as darren states, its not cheap.
I only paid £1,700 for the car. I have an e46 m3. I’ve spent over £3,000 on M3 lol i really don’t want to fall into the same trap with this audi. Thank you tho mate

I didn’t realise there were 8Ps without ac to be fair I’ve had a quick count up in my head and you’d need:

Compressor
Alternator belt
Evaporator
Condenser
Receiver drier
TX value
Maybe a new heater box
All the piping
A boatload of seals

Then the control unit.

Maybe more I’m tired at the minute so probably missed something. But it’s a hell of a lot for a system that lets face it leaks more often than not and you have to get regassed every 2 years minimum. Mine hasn’t worked for a few years personally I don’t miss (also I need to find my leak)

I’ve never said this to anyone but it would genuinely be cheaper to get another A3 with ac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s going to be a big NO mate. I’ll have to deal with this surprisingly strange heating console I’m still a bit frustrated that audi changed the heating unit to this very simple non air conditioned version. Seems bizzare for an 07 a3. I’ve seen sportbacks from 2005 that have more modern units. Thank you for the reply tho.

Yeah heater box 100% needs swapping, all the flaps, motors, etc, as we know mate from our r&d even facelift needs things swapped out, its doable, but expensive.
Out of curiosity what are we talking price wise?

It’s going to be a big NO mate. I’ll have to deal with this surprisingly strange heating console I’m still a bit frustrated that audi changed the heating unit to this very simple non air conditioned version. Seems bizzare for an 07 a3. I’ve seen sportbacks from 2005 that have more modern units. Thank you for the reply tho.

Maybe an import model from Ireland or some other RHD market. I wouldn't bother to be honest, a LOT of work as per other posts in this thread. Just put the windows down :D

Maybe an import model from Ireland or some other RHD market. I wouldn't bother to be honest, a LOT of work as per other posts in this thread. Just put the windows down :D
It could be an import possible. It’s got big sticky leather seats won’t be much fun in summer even with windows down !! I’ll have to replace them seats with standard cloth or i might find some half leather alacantara s line ones