1998 S8 SatNav CD

Simon_S8

Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought a 1998 S8 to replace my aging S2 - only day 2 but its definitely an improvement - at least with a rollling start anyway!

SatNav is working but came with the original CD (Tele Atlas 1997). Figured I'd get a newer one of Ebay, not necessarily this years. Problem is I can't figure out the actual model of the SatNav and there seem to be many variants - have all the docs but its labelled as Audi Navigationssystem - the SatNav is just text/voice based no map display etc.

Does anyone know what model (Blaupunkt?) the standard SatNav is or have a spare CD 2005 or later to sell. Also noticed that there's a lot of torrents floating around - anyone have any idea if the CD drive for SatNav can cope with CDR discs.

Other thing I'm wrestling with is the front armrest/telephone holder which is snapped, probably tiggable and doubltess a fortune for the part - but does anyone have a source for breakers in the UK who might have one - I guess its the same armrest as an A8, also wondering if its shared by A6's or other models.

Thanks,
Simon

Deafening silence

Answering my own post in case anyone happens upon this thread with the same issue -

The S8 satnav prior to November 1999 is RNS3.x and the required CD is the non-DX TravelPilot (EAN: 9 789042 805996) - works with a dodgy CDR download if you're so inclined, but last years original CD is only £60 if you shop about.

Simon