1998 S8 SatNav CD

Simon_S8

Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought a 1998 S8 to replace my aging S2 - only day 2 but its definitely an improvement - at least with a rollling start anyway!

SatNav is working but came with the original CD (Tele Atlas 1997). Figured I'd get a newer one of Ebay, not necessarily this years. Problem is I can't figure out the actual model of the SatNav and there seem to be many variants - have all the docs but its labelled as Audi Navigationssystem - the SatNav is just text/voice based no map display etc.

Does anyone know what model (Blaupunkt?) the standard SatNav is or have a spare CD 2005 or later to sell. Also noticed that there's a lot of torrents floating around - anyone have any idea if the CD drive for SatNav can cope with CDR discs.

Other thing I'm wrestling with is the front armrest/telephone holder which is snapped, probably tiggable and doubltess a fortune for the part - but does anyone have a source for breakers in the UK who might have one - I guess its the same armrest as an A8, also wondering if its shared by A6's or other models.

Thanks,
Simon

Deafening silence :cold:

Answering my own post in case anyone happens upon this thread with the same issue -

The S8 satnav prior to November 1999 is RNS3.x and the required CD is the non-DX TravelPilot (EAN: 9 789042 805996) - works with a dodgy CDR download if you're so inclined, but last years original CD is only £60 if you shop about.

Simon