Adding AUX / VCDS not picking up radio / testing CAN

Sukkel89

Reaction score
Good day people

I'm sorry I have to create another AUX thread, but seems to me the other thread has reached end of life.
Have 2007 A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) and with a concert II+ radio. Exactly like this. I've made a connector with AUX and trying to use the available AUX pins (B1,B3 and B7)
All I need to do is go into navigation module on VCDS and do the coding to enable AUX. And this my problem. VCDS does not pick up my radio. The car/radio is completely stock and the radio works perfectly.
But I can't access the Navigation/radio module on VCDS.
Auto-Scan did show K-1 Okay, K-2 Okay, CAN Okay just fyi, and it does not have a CAN Gateway module installed. To do an Auto-Scan I had to go manually select my car model from the drop down list (8EC).
I have checked under the Instruments module, adaptions, that the CAN-bus infotainment it is set to 17. (+16 Instruments cluster and +1 radio).
I have changed that to 21, to add navigation option (+4), and it just gives a new error code for navigation not installed, and I still can't access navigation/radio module, have since reverted the code back to 17.
The K-line and ground is there (C7 and C8) and I've also tested that this K-line comes out at the OBD port pin 15.
The fuse is also fine.
CAN/H and CAN/L have also been connected and the correct wire colours are used. (orange/purple for High and orange/brown for Low) I'm just adding this information for what it's worth, and I presume this CAN bus is used when changing the volume on my steering wheel (which once again, works perfectly fine).

Can anyone perhaps assist on why VCDS does not pick up my radio or what/how I can test for something, because I can't seem to find any reason or anything wrong why VCDS isn't picking up the radio, so that I can change the coding.
I've gone through soooooo many posts and forums, and I don't where or what anymore.

Surely you should be going into #56-Radio if you don’t have nav??

The coding according to Rosstech for AUX is in Navigation module. Maybe you can do it in radio as well, but either way, as stated above with a dash, I can't access either one.. If there's another way of coding it, I'm all ears

Is it a genuine vcds cable?
Hi, mine is, I am able to access, code, adapt any other module. But the radio one. I have 2 cars both have the same problem. Whenever I try to access the radio module the radio screen displays Diagnotic for about 2 seconds, then disappears, then do it again and then get the message on VCDS that module is not accessible.