S3 8p brake disc set up help

Nenny98

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So just wanted some clarification and thoughts on this?
So I called aks tuning for some brake discs and pads they advised to get the tts discs 340mm x 30mm for the front and the rear are the same 310mm x 22mm?
So I seen them slightly cheaper on clp automotive and gave them a call they advised they are only for the tts 8j and not the s3 as the s3 is a different car they will only recommend the 345mm and the rears seems to be the same 310mm x 22mm but they have a different part number for the rear ones as well
Abit confused the company is vagbremtechnic who I am going to go with as I've herd good reviews and ferrodo pads.
But the long story cut short are ask right in what they are suggesting?
If they are I'm going by them from clp as they are a little cheaper not hugely but every penny count right about now.

So guys what's your thoughts?

I have attached a screenshot from aks and clp

Kind regards

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220209-161046_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220209-161046_Messenger.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20220209-162150_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220209-162150_Samsung Internet.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20220209-162212_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220209-162212_Samsung Internet.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 49
I was meant to say 'are aks right in what they are suggesting?'
Auto correction changed it to ask!‍♂️

aks are right.
officially, the s3 came with 345mm discs, tts with 340mm. everything else, the caliper, carrier, hub etc are exactly the same.
the 340mm is the better option, as 1) the pad is in contact with the entire surface area of the disc, whereas the 345mm disc has a 5mm edge the pad doesnt sweep. this creates a lip over time.
and 2) the 340mm is lighter, thus less unsprung weight. itll be minimal but its there.

theres no reason to go for the 345mm disc, all i can think of is heat dissapation over a slightly larger surface area, but will it really be that much different? clp automotive are most likely just looking at parts compatibilty charts, whereas aks are using real world knowledge.

Samisnake thanks for your reply really appreciated it awesome gti have also confirm this for me there I have ordered the discs making sure they are the tts ones.
I've not ordered my pads as of yet
What's your recommendations on pads? ferrodo, mintex and I think its ebc yellow and red stuff?
I've been told ferrodo DS2500 are meant to be really good by a friends,
Have you or anyone got comments on the pads?
Thanks for the reply once again appreciated!!✌✌

I’ll second the TTS discs. Also AKS are a top company. We fitted some red stuff pads to a TT and they wore out really quickly. Same for the yellow stuff and they were mega dusty making the wheels dirty very quickly.