Faraday Product

HulkRS3

Kyalami RS3 Saloon
Reaction score
Never bought one of these so is it a specific manufacturer or can anyone recommend one?

Try theftblock.com
They offer storage boxes in a variety of colours (grey is classy looking) and key pouches for when you’re out and about. Highly recommended - signal totally blocked - i tested both, sitting inside the car, engine didn’t start.
I don’t work for them by the way - just a happy S3 owner who sleeps soundly at night knowing my car will still be outside in the morning :thumbs up:

Reactions: Alan Oliver and HulkRS3
Although a pain the proverbial to keep fitting , you might want to consider one of these also. More of a visual deterrent which might put off scumbags.
Simply T Star
Simply T Star around £18 .

Reactions: HulkRS3 and Sandra
These boxes work brilliantly. Far better than pouches which often use Velcro and so don’t seal reliably,

With this box I can put my keys in it, shut the box, and even putting the box right next to the car it won‘t unlock.

Last edited:
Reactions: HulkRS3
The new keys like ours deactivate after a short time so thieves can’t use repeaters to easily steal cars like in days gone by, so these things aren’t really required.

Unless I’ve misread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: abmat, NevMan, Mike.46 and 1 other person
The new keys like ours deactivate after a short time so thieves can’t use repeaters to easily steal cars like in days gone by, so these things aren’t really required.

Unless I’ve misread!

They use a signal distance measurement.

Unless I’ve misread!

They use a signal distance measurement.

It was my understanding they have a timeout feature. If the fob senses no movement for X amount of time since it was sat down then it essentially powers down until it is physically moved. I could have misinterpreted the document from Audi though.

I was aware of that but just an extra precaution :thumbs up:

Reactions: Daggerit and Mike.46
It was my understanding they have a timeout feature. If the fob senses no movement for X amount of time since it was sat down then it essentially powers down until it is physically moved. I could have misinterpreted the document from Audi though.

I was aware of that but just an extra precaution :thumbs up:

Thread I posted about it last year……

8Y Anti-Relay attack Kessey

Reactions: pburv and Daggerit
I bought a pack of these (medium).
Stood next to door handle with the velcro open and the car won't unlock nor will it start when sat inside.
Screenshot 20220203 092213 Amazon Shopping

20220203 092137

Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit
I bought a pack of these (medium).
Stood next to door handle with the velcro open and the car won't unlock nor will it start when sat inside.
View attachment 249336
View attachment 249337
These work very well and can be carried comfortably in a pocket. One slight draw back is the Audi RS keys are quite bulky compared to the Golf 8R slim key fob. An old microwave oven provides as good if not better protection than a pretty box, one to think about.
Mike

I ordered the defender signal blockers on Amazon, fairly cheap and put the key in and took it too the car and pressed the botton, nothing happened so can confirm they work well.

Reactions: 3vans and RSt3ve
With all the options, and I apologise for stating what may be obvious, but it's definitely worth testing whatever method or product you decide. I've seen a few stories of people spending a fortune on bags/boxes with good reviews but their received products let them down when most needed.
Captian obvious moment over!

Although a pain the proverbial to keep fitting , you might want to consider one of these also. More of a visual deterrent which might put off scumbags.
View attachment 249323 Simply T Star around £18 .

No joke pal Iv seen these left on driveways as an insult NOT WORTH IT although would delay by a few minutes

Reactions: pburv
No joke pal Iv seen these left on driveways as an insult NOT WORTH IT although would delay by a few minutes

It was mentioned purely as a visual deterrent to go along with a faraday pouch/box.
Your thoughts on the device is duly noted :thumbs up:

Reactions: AudiHEdoTHAT