Audi A3 2.0 tdi S-line front sensors/module stopped working ...Help

busbyboy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am after some assistance please. My front parking sensors have stopped working, I have tried to use my Snap On diagnosis to look into the Parking aid section, it returns no faults. I was wondering if this would be a sensor issue ?, or Module.

Can anyone advise where the module is located and is it the same module for the rear sensors ?, the rear sensors work fine, it is just the front that have stopped working.

Thanks In advance :)

QUOTE REPLY
Select for moderation

As per your other thread, no errors shown, ideally need to check measuring blocks to determine which distances sensors are measuring, could be a faulty sensor not measuring correctly & thus always shows a warning for close to objects which would simulate a fault, as there's no diagnostic error from what I read anyway.

Reactions: busbyboy and Sibmets
Are you sure you have the original parking sensors? Do you have a button on the center console for the sensors?

The module is one for both front and rear. It is located in the boot on your right side.

When I had a faulty sensor in one front sensor some time ago, all system was off. The rear wasn’t working at all.

If your sensors are original, you might have a faulty front speaker. So probably the sensors work but you cannot hear the speaker. It is located under the steering wheel.

Are you sure you have the original parking sensors? Do you have a button on the center console for the sensors?

The module is one for both front and rear. It is located in the boot on your right side.

When I had a faulty sensor in one front sensor some time ago, all system was off. The rear wasn’t working at all.

If your sensors are original, you might have a faulty front speaker. So probably the sensors work but you cannot hear the speaker. It is located under the steering wheel.
Thank for your reply, Yes, I have the original sensors front and back, with Button in the centre console area under the radio. basically, the rear work fine, the light comes on and sensors work fab, but the front, don't seem to work when pulling up to say a car or my garage, the light doesn't come on. If I press the light and then pull up to an object, they do seem to work, its strange.

I think this is the correct operation.
mine only activate if
1. I first go into reverse. The light goes ON on the button and both front and rear work
2 I press the button. The light goes ON and both and rear work.
If I only drive forward the front or rear are not working. This would be really annoying in the traffic.

Reactions: busbyboy
I think this is the correct operation.
mine only activate if
1. I first go into reverse. The light goes ON on the button and both front and rear work
2 I press the button. The light goes ON and both and rear work.
If I only drive forward the front or rear are not working. This would be really annoying in the traffic.
George your a top man for your replies and help, will give this a go :)