Adaptive Cruise Control - Is It Possible?

That’s really weird, my MyAudi hasn’t worked properly since I installed those FoD functions though. When I swapped back to the UK version it got very confused and now keeps asking me to “confirm I’m the key user”, then throws an error saying I am the key user, but everything on MyAudi still works like remote locking etc.

Have you gone into your car since the purchase? The moment I turned on the ignition it began installing.
Didnt work, but it did throw errors about key user then accepted it think I will just have to roll with it now until Audi UK pulls their finger out.

That’s really weird, my MyAudi hasn’t worked properly since I installed those FoD functions though. When I swapped back to the UK version it got very confused and now keeps asking me to “confirm I’m the key user”, then throws an error saying I am the key user, but everything on MyAudi still works like remote locking etc.

Have you gone into your car since the purchase? The moment I turned on the ignition it began installing.
I've never had the remote locking - Digital services said it wasn't ordered from the factory which has to be rubbish because surely all cars have it as they big it up in the dealer about the APP

I'm not bothered about the remote locking but starting to wonder whether this is why I don't see any upgrades or just typical of Audi at present that they can't sort anything out

Didnt work, but it did throw errors about key user then accepted it think I will just have to roll with it now until Audi UK pulls their finger out.
Did you have any issues initially setting up the key user? I pick up my Edition 1 on Thursday but have heard in the past setting the key user can be problematic in some cases resulting in having to take it to the dealer.

Did you have any issues initially setting up the key user? I pick up my Edition 1 on Thursday but have heard in the past setting the key user can be problematic in some cases resulting in having to take it to the dealer.
I picked up my A3 Sportback Edition 1 last Friday was straight forward just logged in with my ID which I have used on my previous Audi and all good.

I picked up my A3 Sportback Edition 1 last Friday was straight forward just logged in with my ID which I have used on my previous Audi and all good.
Good to know, this is my first Audi so it’s all new to me.

I didn’t have any issues with the key user set-up but my mother did on her new Q5, I think it’s pretty hit and miss to be honest.

The software can be a little temperamental, sometimes it randomly comes up with “Individual settings have been updated, would you like to accept” and it does this a few times a week for me, and it won’t go away until you accept, doesn’t change anything but is an inconvenience.

I did have a problem with it logging in and out for about a week also but that went away.

I was in an email thread with Audi Services about this whole FoD purchase when I discovered the thread where people in Europe said they just changed their region to Germany, and literally 5 minutes after I purchased it, Audi UK replied saying congratulations on your ACC purchase, we will now close the complaint.

So you could always email technical services again because they obviously have no clue about it supposedly not being in the UK, they may be able to fix it for you? Worth a try anyway, especially if they’ve taken your money.

When I go onto the German version I get traffic sign recognition and High Beam assist.
I've not purchased them yet.

Last edited:
I was in an email thread with Audi Services about this whole FoD purchase when I discovered the thread where people in Europe said they just changed their region to Germany, and literally 5 minutes after I purchased it, Audi UK replied saying congratulations on your ACC purchase, we will now close the complaint.

So you could always email technical services again because they obviously have no clue about it supposedly not being in the UK, they may be able to fix it for you? Worth a try anyway, especially if they’ve taken your money.
When you purchased them what address did you use because the UK is not listed

When you purchased them what address did you use because the UK is not listed
I used all parts of my normal UK address and then when it got to the part which was required to be Germanic I used the British Embassy.

It’s not like anything is going to be sent there, and since I used PayPal that inputs your invoice address also. They send you the invoice over email.

Reactions: Brian Leslie
I used all parts of my normal UK address and then when it got to the part which was required to be Germanic I used the British Embassy.

It’s not like anything is going to be sent there, and since I used PayPal that inputs your invoice address also. They send you the invoice over email.
Just pulled the trigger on both trials (highbeam assist and Traffic sign recognition) so will see if they load into the car or not when I go and start it up.

Well went out and started my car and it came up on the MMI screen that the 2 items were downloading and not to turn off the car.
Went into the purchases menu and both items are there and I was able to check they were active.
Not sure how the highbeam assist works (whether its automatic or I need to move switch to highbeam) but will see when I next drive in the dark.

Well went out and started my car and it came up on the MMI screen that the 2 items were downloading and not to turn off the car.
Went into the purchases menu and both items are there and I was able to check they were active.
Not sure how the highbeam assist works (whether its automatic or I need to move switch to highbeam) but will see when I next drive in the dark.
You'll probably have to move switch to mainbeam (hopefully it will remember it) - I've got Matrix and it never remembers it but our works seat leon pre new model has High Beam assist and that does - I do believe from on here that matrix does now on the later models or maybe a software update will do it

Gutted I don't get the traffic sign when I login to the german site - Mines prepped for it for FOD so don't understand why it's not there

I've emailed Digital services but not holding my breath

Excellent, congrats! - I find it wild that we have to go to these extremes just to get these features which are available everywhere else.

Why aren’t these available in the UK lol

Excellent, congrats! - I find it wild that we have to go to these extremes just to get these features which are available everywhere else.

Why aren’t these available in the UK lol
Thanks.
Yep totally bizarre that Audi UK do not have these features available in their app.
My app (UK version on my mobile) still showing zero available in the FOD section.

Going forward I will likely pay to keep the high beam assist but not sure on the traffic sign recognition.
I don't have the active cruise and other than showing you the speed limit for the area/road your on I'm not sure the traffic sign recognition is offering me that much for the £ but will see.

You'll probably have to move switch to mainbeam (hopefully it will remember it) - I've got Matrix and it never remembers it but our works seat leon pre new model has High Beam assist and that does - I do believe from on here that matrix does now on the later models or maybe a software update will do it

Gutted I don't get the traffic sign when I login to the german site - Mines prepped for it for FOD so don't understand why it's not there

I've emailed Digital services but not holding my breath
The traffic sign recognition is not cheap IMHO at £291, however I can understand if you have the ability to get it along with the adaptive cruise control you'd likely want it.
For what I could see it offering me (I can't get the adaptive cruise) I'm not so not sure about it.
If the Adaptive Cruise system is the same as the one on my wife's Golf 8 then I frankly would rather not have it as that's dreadful and way too sensitive.

Last edited:
The traffic sign recognition is not cheap IMHO at £291.
For what I could see it offering me I'm not so not sure about it and that your losing that much.
I think I agree with you there, I feel it would only be useful in certain situations like driving in an unfamiliar area, but for most of the time I am yet to see any benefits worth £300

I think I agree with you there, I feel it would only be useful in certain situations like driving in an unfamiliar area, but for most of the time I am yet to see any benefits worth £300
My thoughts exactly.
I do the same commute daily (2 weeks in my A3 then 2 weeks in my wifes Golf 8 which has this as standard along with adaptive cruise). I don't feel I miss either and to be honest the Adaptive cruise on the Golf is pants.
I am however hopeful the high beam assist will be a benefit but again will see how it pans out.

Thanks.
Yep totally bizarre that Audi UK do not have these features available in their app.
My app (UK version on my mobile) still showing zero available in the FOD section.

Going forward I will likely pay to keep the high beam assist but not sure on the traffic sign recognition.
I don't have the active cruise and other than showing you the speed limit for the area/road your on I'm not sure the traffic sign recognition is offering me that much for the £ but will see.
My APP is the same showing nothing but I'm not getting any options logging into the German site either which I don't understand as mine is prepped for Traffic Sign by FOD

My APP is the same showing nothing but I'm not getting any options logging into the German site either which I don't understand as mine is prepped for Traffic Sign by FOD
Sorry you've drawn a blank. Worked fine for me.

High beam assist, coupled with matrix led is amazing.

just logged in using Germany as my location but unfortunately only Audi digital twin is available for my car. :(

just logged in using Germany as my location but unfortunately only Audi digital twin is available for my car. :(
Same here but I should have Traffic Sign Recognition as an option - Audi have been useless with this as I've tried several times because my standard equipment actually lists it as an FOD option

You shouldn't have High Beam Assist if you've got Matrix - Matrix is High Beam always on masking the lights that ht other cars coming in the opposite direction and then reactivating - High Beam assist is for cars without matrix - When you could order Matrix as an option (Like I did) High Beam Assist would make you untick Matrix

Reactions: AdamInKent and Ludus
High beam assist needs to be on though for the matrix function to work. Otherwise they are just led’s.

High beam assist needs to be on though for the matrix function to work. Otherwise they are just led’s.
High Beam has to be on yes, but High Beam Assist is when you don't have Matrix and it changes from dipped to main and back according to cars coming the other way - Matrix doesn't work like this it's always on if dark enough

Reactions: AdamInKent
I know. I have it. In my manual it is still referred to as high beam assistant though. Semantics really

High Beam has to be on yes, but High Beam Assist is when you don't have Matrix and it changes from dipped to main and back according to cars coming the other way - Matrix doesn't work like this it's always on if dark enough
Does yours remember it when the ignition is cycled - I always have to turn it back onto Auto each time - Mines an S3 (2020)

To get my newly purchased highbeam assist to come on I had to (lights in auto mode) use the stalk to turn on high beam. Then go into car in the MMI and go to lights and vision. Then exterior lighting, then automatic headlights and press the mainbeam assist which was under the early/medium/late activation.
I then still need to pull the stalk to re activate it every time I restart by the looks of it.
The blue high beam on the dash turns white with auto next to it when it’s on.

High beam assist is for non-matrix headlights. Matrix headlights work very differently from hight beam assist.

Reactions: AdamInKent and Brian Leslie
To get my newly purchased highbeam assist to come on I had to (lights in auto mode) use the stalk to turn on high beam. Then go into car in the MMI and go to lights and vision. Then exterior lighting, then automatic headlights and press the mainbeam assist which was under the early/medium/late activation.
I then still need to pull the stalk to re activate it every time I restart by the looks of it.
The blue high beam on the dash turns white with auto next to it when it’s on.
Odd, mine remembers and stays on auto all the time.

It seems the later cars are remembering it which makes sense - My works Seat Leon (previous model) has HBA and that remembers it

Just had a wee play and it appears I need to pull stalk every time but I will see if it’s the case or not once I’ve had a better chance to test them.

Mine stays on all the time.
Used it this morning and on my car you definitely need to use the stalk to activate. No big issue and the highbeam assist function worked really well, so well my wife said I should definitely keep it.

Reactions: abmat
Used it this morning and on my car you definitely need to use the stalk to activate. No big issue and the highbeam assist function worked really well, so well my wife said I should definitely keep it.
When I first got mine it didn’t stay on. Then one day it did.

just the same as all of a sudden the drivers seat has started setting to the position associated with the user. Never did for the first few months.

When I first got mine it didn’t stay on. Then one day it did.

just the same as all of a sudden the drivers seat has started setting to the position associated with the user. Never did for the first few months.
You had any software updates that could have sorted this but could easily be a gremlin that's fixed itself?
I only paid for the trial version so maybe it will when I pay to keep them?
Regardless first impressions are good so I will buy when trial month is up and pushing the stalk is hardly a deal breaker..

I have a A3 S-Line registered 30 Sep 2020, essentially vanilla S-Line, no storage package, no drive assistance package etc.. (also no distance button on the stalk :frown:) , only have the Audi digital twin available for €10 on the German MyAudi.
oh well

I have a A3 S-Line registered 30 Sep 2020, essentially vanilla S-Line, no storage package, no drive assistance package etc.. (also no distance button on the stalk :frown:) , only have the Audi digital twin available for €10 on the German MyAudi.
oh well
I don't have driver assist or radar cruise (no switch on stalk) and no storage pack either. Only extra my car has is the Comfort & Sound.