Mystery fluid leak

PDiddy

Solutions
Reaction score
I have noticed this morning a small fluid leak of clear pinkish hue on the floor under the middle of the engine of my wife's A3 1.4l cab ( 2016 with just 15k kms ). The car is very low mileage and serviced every year never missed a beat or displayed a leak before. The liquid does not appear to be engine oil but is slightly oily to the touch and reasonably viscous but without a strong smell. I have no warning light on the dash or low fluid level in the reservoirs that I can see. I have attached an image below. I would appreciate some feedback as to the likely source. Thank you
Audi x

Looks like a G13 cooling liquid did you check the temperature of car is on normal temperatures or if you overfill it maybe it is overflows

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks Herc88 , I will do .
Booti Not sure but Mt Google advises that this model has a "Seven-speed Auto Direct Shift".

Would you say its more watery then oil, G13 & the like does have a tiny oily feel to it, dip your finger in the reservoir, compare the 2 liquids to see if the same.

Gearbox oil will be notably more thicker than coolant.

It looks like coolant to me as well. If your wife has been in stop-start traffic on the way home and the system has become a little warmer than usual, it's not uncommon for the overflow to have a widdle once the engine is switched off, even if the cooling fan carries on after switching off.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond, it appears to be the coolant. Till next time :)

Solution