Front suspension springs

chip-3door

Reaction score
Recently bought an A4 Tdi Avant

Decided that although I normally service my cars myself I would chuck it in the dealer for the first service as I was a bit hectic at the time.

Have been informed both the front springs are broken.

So im after a set of front springs, but on Ebay I can only find lowering ones which im not really after.

Is there anywhere cheap to buy standard ones for, or does anyone know someone who has recently fitted sports springs and might want to sell the standard ones off.

Are saloon and avant the same for the front springs?

Its a 97 car, what years are compatable with it for front springs? (is it right from 95-2001?)

Many thanks for any assistance!

Chip

If you click "find all posts by user" it will probably become obvious, lol

Either of you fellas know kev3dr from PassionFord?

Back on topic, I think the front springs are the same for avant and saloon but are different for petrol/diesel due the weight of the lump.

That name doesnt ring a bell, but im useless at remembering usernames to be honest

Cheers for the tip on the saloon/avant and petrol/diesel thing :)

Yes front ends on quttro and FWD are the same and the year should not matter I have a set of 1.8T quattro sport spring for £50 if any good to you from what I can find the only difference is V6 or 4 cyl and of course AVANT/Saloon FWD/quattro for the rears.

Will the sport springs sit it lower than the normal TDi springs?

I dont want to lower the vehicle as there are a lot of speed bumps near where I stay during the week.

I would ring your local GSF mate.....got my lowering springs from there for around £40 and that was for 4 so if your after standard springs then it wouldn't surprise me if they were cheaper than that....

chip-3door said:
Will the sport springs sit it lower than the normal TDi springs?

I dont want to lower the vehicle as there are a lot of speed bumps near where I stay during the week.

Yes they would but you could not use the rear as you are not quattro, I'm running on H&R Race springs and clear 99% of all speed humps and ramps so sport spring would be fine as they do not sit as low.

You may want to look at H&R sport spring as they do not lower the car as much as the Race versions.

docurley thanks for that mate, I will see if I can get some normal tdi height ones anywhere and if not I will get back to you if you still have them

Baker21 thanks for the tip :D