Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That as well…….. to many scams to dodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I test drove the 8R yesterday I had to take my passport , driving license , and a utility bill to prove my identity which I thought was a bit much until
they told me they gave a test drive a month or so back in a 8R and the sales guy had a knife pulled on him at the lights and was told to get out :grimacing: the 8R was never seen again .

• Wow
Reactions: billymc92, johnmv55, NevMan and 2 others
get that thinking cap on lol
Its £278 a month mate which is nothing for an Rs3 its the balloon that is the sticking point as I always go into a deal with a view to
own the car out rite .
Or the other option is sell the S3 put a big lump in and go Hp .
This December 1st deadline isn't helping either .

Reactions: johnmv55, AndyVWR, NevMan and 1 other person
Bit off topic, but looks like they're using the RS3 tech and engine in one of the new Seats! Didn't think they'd use the 5 pot anywhere other than the RS3!

Saw an article about the Formentor getting the 5 pot, back in March. But as mentioned no RHD

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
Its £278 a month mate which is nothing for an Rs3 its the balloon that is the sticking point as I always go into a deal with a view to
own the car out rite .

I’m the same - keeping my RS3 4 years helped enormously financially. If you can go in with the mindset of keeping this RS3 for 4 years or more then it does make HP a very sensible option imo.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Mr Freeze
own the car out rite .

Not sure why you get hung up on the balloon mate? Surely higher balloon = lower monthly so you are paying less (admittedly plus interest), then when time comes you HP or personal loan the balloon

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and Mr Freeze
Not sure why you get hung up on the balloon mate? Surely higher balloon = lower monthly so you are paying less (admittedly plus interest), then when time comes you HP or personal loan the balloon
Fair point Nev

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin

he’s probably like me Nev & just likes the thought of a lower ballon that’s not too high at the end .. if the intention is to pay it off / keep the car rather than part ex

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
he’s probably like me Nev & just likes the thought of a lower ballon that’s not too high at the end .. if the intention is to pay it off / keep the car rather than part ex

I do get it, but suppose it is swings and roundabouts. Lower monthly or higher with HP. We all know PCP means punters get into cars they normally wouldn’t be able to afford, but if you want to own after the 4 years then obv. HP the way to go, but I would probably go PCP, with decent deposit and put away cash towards balloon (if I want to own which I haven’t for sometime)

My JCW is £270 p/m with a £7k deposit and £17k balloon.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

This is a local guy to me, let's see what he thinks.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and Daggerit

This is a local guy to me, let's see what he thinks.

Like I said in the RS3 Colours thread, that Kemora has the blue carbon brake caliper option on a UK car that we apparently can't spec so things are sped up. Royally p!sses me off. Pretty sure the last time I checked there's no microchips inside a blue caliper versus a grey one.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jcbmally, NevMan and 3 others
Good morning :yahoo: :laughing:

yes. 2 spaces in the corner of the shop car park :laughing:

Attachments

• 7AD6BCD8-AE31-4057-9E11-A4CBF7F15473.jpeg
    7AD6BCD8-AE31-4057-9E11-A4CBF7F15473.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 139
Reactions: garethdj, Terminator x, Mr Freeze and 4 others
Don't be one of those 2 space users, more likely to get some idiot targeting your car. Lovely car though.
Don’t worry, just sat in it waiting for the mrs to do her bits and bobs :)

Reactions: Jcbmally and txosbi
Like I said in the RS3 Colours thread, that Kemora has the blue carbon brake caliper option on a UK car that we apparently can't spec so things are sped up. Royally p!sses me off. Pretty sure the last time I checked there's no microchips inside a blue caliper versus a grey one.

Yep, bit like no chips involved in RS Design Pack either

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jcbmally
Lol another custom spec

bd5045417dfb0ad74745a81159828301.png

716d3e55ccc9387347b3a59710b51077.png

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan and Jcbmally
Don't be one of those 2 space users, more likely to get some idiot targeting your car. Lovely car though.
My cars never been targeted for sitting in two spaces. That’s probably because it’s at opposite ends of the car park from the shop though.

My cars never been targeted for sitting in two spaces. That’s probably because it’s at opposite ends of the car park from the shop though.
Just comes across that you think your car is more important than everyone else's. And some people are sad enough to vandalise a car based on that unfortunately

Reactions: Gazjs and 8YARWY
Just comes across that you think your car is more important than everyone else's. And some people are sad enough to vandalise a car based on that unfortunately

I personally think you just look like a tool if it’s a modest car. Anything well over 100k is somewhat understandable...each to their own but as you say, asking for trouble.

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
That's because it is more important than most others. Not because it costs more, but because it's better cared for and looked after.

Reactions: Keano04
So why park in 2 spaces then if your at the other end of the car park?
Because you still get the odd other cars that come and park next to you and it just takes a mistake or a bit of wind to catch a door and it's game over, and most importantly because it's MY choice. :)

Because you still get the odd other cars that come and park next to you and it just takes a mistake or a bit of wind to catch a door and it's game over, and most importantly because it's MY choice. :)
Yeh, do as you please, il just call you a f * * * y as you walk past lol

Reactions: Mr Freeze, txosbi and 8YARWY

Agreed.

Attracts peoples anger towards you / the car.

Just takes one idiot who’s had a bad day etc to walk down it with a key out.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, txosbi, NevMan and 2 others
Just take the mrs car to the shops.

Reactions: 3vans, txosbi, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

Doesn’t solve it tho, as some tw*t will still park next to you too close. I have never straddled two spaces, as I personally think it is selfish, but have parked close on the line as far away as possible, only to come back to have a camper or rusty white van parked right next to me!

But as you say, it is your choice, just don’t come cry in here if/when some tool at best lifts your wipers or folds mirrors or at worst keys or dings your pride and joy.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, 3vans, FBF01 and 2 others
That's because it is more important than most others. Not because it costs more, but because it's better cared for and looked after.

No more important, people just think the driver is a kn0b with an ego. I always park end row or far away, it drives the missus mad, but I wouldn't think of taking 2 spaces.

Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze, 8YARWY and 3 others
Doesn’t solve it tho, as some tw*t will still park next to you too close. I have never straddled two spaces, as I personally think it is selfish, but have parked close on the line as far away as possible, only to come back to have a camper or rusty white van parked right next to me!

But as you say, it is your choice, just don’t come cry in here if/when some tool at best lifts your wipers or folds mirrors or at worst keys or dings your pride and joy.

not happened in 12 years so think I’ll be fine, thanks for your concern.

Just take the mrs car to the shops.

Lol that happened to me once, brand new type R she literally just bought.

I went to the local shops and came out to a swage line with a dent in it, they were very sharp lines on the FN2 that rang along door handle height.

Can’t allow for stupid people doing stupid things.
Came back to a car once many years ago that had a mummy putting her little darling in the child seat, with her rear door rubbing against the side of my car, she didn’t see any harm in it so I pretty much snapped on the spot and opened my door right into hers, closed it and wound the window down saying ‘there’s no harm in it’ then drove off.

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, Rs31981 and 2 others
I do get it, but suppose it is swings and roundabouts. Lower monthly or higher with HP. We all know PCP means punters get into cars they normally wouldn’t be able to afford, but if you want to own after the 4 years then obv. HP the way to go, but I would probably go PCP, with decent deposit and put away cash towards balloon (if I want to own which I haven’t for sometime)

My JCW is £270 p/m with a £7k deposit and £17k balloon.
My Spec is £278 p/m with a £22k deposit plus a balloon of £24937

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
My Spec is £278 p/m with a £22k deposit plus a balloon of £24937

The way the 8V values shot up you could get 10k equity when selling.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
I dont know whether to be happy or sad :):sadlike:

My build week was 16, then 8, Yesterday I asked them to alter the order to swap Leather for Dinamica seats.

Apparently the order cannot be changed as my car has been brought forward to Build week 49, that's a Vorsprung Sport back in Tango

• Wow
Reactions: 3vans, ZB1, Jassyo06 and 4 others

My build week was 16, then 8, Yesterday I asked them to alter the order to swap Leather for Dinamica seats.

Apparently the order cannot be changed as my car has been brought forward to Build week 49, that's a Vorsprung Sport back in Tango
I find that unlikely in reality, but I'd be really happy for you if it was actually the case! Can't wait to see some Vorsprungs and Carbons actually appearing.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

This really takes the **** know!
I ordered a vorsprung on the 11 aug, October no news so swapped for carbon advised by my dealer to get a spring 2022 car,
Now you’re in front of me by 7 weeks on a vorsprung.

Reactions: johnmv55

Vorsprung this year !... I was quietly convincing myself , next April... Now will ping my Salesperson.

Reactions: johnmv55 and Snake Pliskin

I got sent a Audi memo yesterday it said even though a build is not locked changes to spec cannot be altered if the customers request falls within a certain period of time before build commencement non amendable was the word

Reactions: RS03??? and johnmv55
I got sent a Audi memo yesterday it said even though a build is not locked changes to spec cannot be altered if the customers request falls within a certain period of time before build commencement non amendable was the word

mad times we are living in atm !

Reactions: RS03??? and Jassyo06
This was the e-mail
Hi Mike
We went to change the car yesterday and it wouldn’t allow us I have spoken to the factory sales office this morning and the cars build week has come forward to 49 therefore it won’t allow us to change anything on the car now.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.