Door lock/latch problem

Farmor00

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Drivers side door will not properly shut sometimes and you will need to apply pressure from the outside to shut it eventually as it gets progressively worse.
Lubricating with WD40 solves this issue for a few weeks at best and I'm wondering if its the lock I need to replace and if so if its the same as on the A3.

Hello everyone. Drivers side door will not properly shut sometimes and you will need to apply pressure from the outside to shut it eventually as it gets progressively worse.
Lubricating with WD40 solves this issue for a few weeks at best and I'm wondering if its the lock I need to replace and if so if its the same as on the A3.
Is the catch striker plate properly positioned? Hinge alignment o.k? Is the door mechanism working o.k the part that locks to the striker plate also check the is no debris in the way the reason I say this is because recently had door closing issues drivers side a small piece of plastic had worn away and was obstructing the lock from functioning correctly keep us updated good luck.

Reactions: Farmor00
Is the catch striker plate properly positioned? Hinge alignment o.k? Is the door mechanism working o.k the part that locks to the striker plate also check the is no debris in the way the reason I say this is because recently had door closing issues drivers side a small piece of plastic had worn away and was obstructing the lock from functioning correctly keep us updated good luck.
I have new hinges and will fit them soon and see if it makes a difference but i dont think thats the issue.

I can try and upen it up and see if any cleaning will do the job but i cant see anything out of the ordinary from the outside.

Reactions: MPH