Front collision failure

Alin Marin

Reaction score
Hello guys
Last night I hit a deer at around 50km/h and now the front collision sensor detected the crash and raised the bonnet to take some of the impact with an error on the dashboard (B10391B)
I manage to put the bonnet back with the manual steps that I've read but I know that I have to change some struts because now if it happenes again, the hood won't go up. I think I found what I need but I am not sure. Can you guys help me with this, is this the correct parts?
8v0 823 823 f
Do I really need to go to a service or I can change them at home?
What about the fault in the dashboard? Changing those struts will remove the error?
So I need to change anything else? Like the front sensor from the grill or anything?
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20210530_210211.jpg
    IMG_20210530_210211.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_20210530_210227.jpg
    IMG_20210530_210227.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 129
You can fit / change the Pedestrian protection yourself but the main control module will need resetting via an authorised 3rd party or official dealership. I see this a lot.

Reactions: Alin Marin
You can fit / change the Pedestrian protection yourself but the main control module will need resetting via an authorised 3rd party or official dealership. I see this a lot.
Thank you for your reply
But those struts are the correct ones, or?
And would they reset it if they didn't change it? Or I will have problems with them accepting it?

Thank you for your reply
But those struts are the correct ones, or?
And would they reset it if they didn't change it? Or I will have problems with them accepting it?
You need to order like for like part number replacements or order them based on your vin number in order to make sure that they will be accepted by the vehicle.

Reactions: Alin Marin