Drive Select unavailable

SteveF1

Solutions
Reaction score
My car has been in with Audi this past week to resolve a number of issues. Audi technical advised my dealer to update the cars software and since I picked the car up yesterday afternoon the cars drive select physical button and touchscreen icon do not work. When I press the touchscreen it says drive select is unavailable and the icon itself is greyed out.

I've turned the car on and off. I first thought it was due to me being on fumes so filled the tank up and it happens whether the engines running or not.

Anyone had this issue or have any idea what's happened?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210522-144307_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210522-144307_Photos.jpg
    1,018.5 KB · Views: 265
And I've now noticed the cruise control doesn't work either....

My drive select button does not do anything and there is nothing in the MMI thing detailing it. I have an A3 saloon sport 2020 8Y 1.5TFSI S-tronic. Not tried cruise control (and probably will never use it). Would be nice to change the cockpit look but there is no way of doing that either and no sat nav. Dealer will be looking into this soon hopefully. I have a pin number key thing that needs scratching off for a code for something - no idea what though. Cheers, Dan

The fact you don't have sat nav or drive select is probably a registration issue as it appears that mine have all come back after they reinstalled the updates and applied all the licences back on to the car. These should be an easy fix for the dealer to put back on.

The the scratch off code that comes with the key is so that it can register you, the car, the key and My Audi app together from what I remember.

Reactions: Daniel43CR
Is it necessary to register the car using the scratch off code etc. ? Cheers, Dan

I'm not sure if you have to but it may limit functions???

First day I got the car to install my account through the MMI it asked me for that code so I used it.

Reactions: Daniel43CR
Car back from dealer just over a couple of weeks ago and drive select and sat nav now available after the software was loaded. Cheers, Dan