Stereo upgrade

evoy2k2

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 11 plate A3.
I want to replace the factory fitted stereo with one that’s DAB/SatNav.
Any suggestions on good stereos and installation kits which will possibly need etc. Been looking on Amazon/EBay etc but unsure
Thanks All

I had a Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB fitted up until a few weeks ago , i had the pioneer DAB internal aerial fitted and got loads of stations Android Auto worked flawlessly and it had some nice features ,the pioneer cage that comes with it is pretty tight as it's 183mm and the oem aperture is 180mm but it will go in, I searched the net and actually got one that was 180mm and it went in perfect. Also purchased the connects2 wiring kit and it was a simple plug and play. Moving on a few weeks and i got the chance to purchase a Sony XAV-AX5550D at a price i couldn't refuse so i bought and replaced the Pioneer ..The sony as a lot more features with web link and cast as well as android auto etc ..I aslo found the cage and unit a lot better fit as the rear is basically a single din which gives you space underneath for the cables ,,To be honest there is not much to choose between them but the Sony for the extra features just does it for me..I have also used the 2 5v pre outs to a kenwood amp ..

Reactions: evoy2k2 and R0cket