Revo Stage 1 + TCU map thoughts - TVS or other

garethdj

Reaction score
Pretty sure I know the route I'm going down but as always interested to hear people's thoughts.

Booked in for Revo stage 1 next week and looking to get a TVS driveability map to compliment this. Main reason being Revo gives you overrun in sport and I find the stock TCU map is just not usable around town in sport as it revs too high and the driveability will sort this from what I've read.

I know a load of people will say just go for stage 2+ and I'm sure it's great but i genuinely don't feel the car needs quicker shifts. Plus Revo say a TCU map isn't required and their ECU map doesn't go above 600nm torque which I underatnd is the stock torque limit on the box so guessing that's the reason.

If I eventually think I need the stage 2+ I can also upgrade and just pay the difference within 12 months so seems a no brainer to try driveability first.

I know you've got APR and Racingline software for TCU maps but not sure what else is out there.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Can't go too far wrong with TVS, I would put some more consideration into the stage2+ tune though as it does make a drastic difference to shifting speed on these cars that you never knew you wanted. Alternatively, do as mentioned and upgrade if wanted is no bad idea.

Reactions: Riko0073, 8YARWY and garethdj
Can't go too far wrong with TVS, I would put some more consideration into the stage2+ tune though as it does make a drastic difference to shifting speed on these cars that you never knew you wanted. Alternatively, do as mentioned and upgrade if wanted is no bad idea.

Agree here. Another Stage2+ TVS user and a thumbs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: garethdj and Riko0073
TVS Stage 2+ here with REVO stage 1 albeit on an OPF car, very happy with the results.

Reactions: 8YARWY and garethdj