8V FL 2016 vs 2017 prices

J.Smith

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a 2017ish saloon S3 8V FL. When shopping around, I've noticed a couple of 66 plate ones that despite being the facelift with similar mileage and spec, seem to be a chunk cheaper than e.g. a 67 plate one.

Other than the age affecting the price, I just wondered if there was anything I should look out for, before I consider a 66 plate one? The stats on paper look all the same - is there any advantage to a 67/18 plate?

Thanks
Mark

Reactions: Jcbmally
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a 2017ish saloon S3 8V FL. When shopping around, I've noticed a couple of 66 plate ones that despite being the facelift with similar mileage and spec, seem to be a chunk cheaper than e.g. a 67 plate one.

Other than the age affecting the price, I just wondered if there was anything I should look out for, before I consider a 66 plate one? The stats on paper look all the same - is there any advantage to a 67/18 plate?

Thanks
Mark
I believe the DSG box is improved. My 18 plate had HHA as standard, Audi beam as standard, the 66 not.

Reactions: JohnM100 and pburv
66 plate has the 7 speed DSG, Pre FL had 6. Hold assist and beam as standard too. Didnt think there was a difference with FL until WLTP

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
If your prepared to wait my S3 Saloon October 67 plate fully loaded MY18 model will be up for sale

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Bells and Jcbmally
Easiest way to tell with regards to facelift is if it has 310bhp it’s the newer version pre 66 reg were 300bhp.

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
What are you getting next?
TTS vorsprung 320ps
6d88a4f8142f932e98a0ce61ccd60332.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Leevr, josul, Jcbmally and 2 others
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Ended up buying a 17 plate black edition one today, pretty happy with the deal; only 14K miles at that age seemed pretty good to me.

Reactions: pburv, Leevr, Jcbmally and 3 others
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Ended up buying a 17 plate black edition one today, pretty happy with the deal; only 14K miles at that age seemed pretty good to me.
Spot on pal, you wont be disappointed BUT
Needpics

Reactions: JohnM100, pburv, Leevr and 1 other person
Had a very last minute counter offer from another dealership so I’ve changed my car choice since the last post :) 2018 glacier white S3

EC3E46FC 70B7 4EAA 8436 C4EEFB55DD7D

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
:iagree:

Reactions: pburv