WMI Reservoir & Pump Location Install

Reaction score
So I got my WMI system all wired up. AEM v2 system. Nozzle in IC piping before the TB. Controller in glovebox with a switch wired in so I can switch the system on and off. I still have to find a place to mount it. I've got the wires and lines running to the boot of the car to be able to install the reservoir & the pump in the back.

Next obstacle is finding out where to mount it in the boot. I can't decide whether I want it up against the side of the rear of the boot (sidewall) and the pump lying down on the ''floor mat/boot mat'' or if I mount them up against the rear seats or to mount them hidden (like what S3AMJ did)

J5kWQHB.jpg

(picture courtesy of S3AMJ)

I like this idea however I do not like the idea of sacrificing the tire compartment.

Are there any requirements for installing pump and reservoir? I imagine pump would have to sit lower than the reservoir no? Or does it not matter? Can they be installed on the same height?

Ideas welcome!

Cheers
S.Pellegrino

Reactions: S3AMJ
Ideally you want the tank lowest possible, this will help prevent gravitational syphoning ...... but in all fairness running a solenoid will be the best to prevent that from happening, meaning it’ll open and closes on demand. You would need a controller for this if you don’t have a standalone Ecu like Ignitron for example.

The pump however can be placed vertically or horizontally but ideally wants to be as close as possible to the tank. You don’t want to have the pump upside down though from memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I've given it some thought over the weekend. Mocked things up, tried a couple of ideas but to no avail. I was thinking of slapping 2 pieces of thin wooden plank to make some sort of L (one lays flat across the boot floor and the other would be up against the side/wall)

How were you able to mount the reservoir up against the side fabric/upholstery @hydro s3 ? Is the material strong enough to hold up the tank? It seems a bit flimsy...

As for the switch I have it mounted in the center console along with the LED next to it. Kind of a racecar vibe lol

There is a piece of metal running behind that flimsy compartment to stiffen it up.
20210216 121800

It has been cut in half so I can still get to the cd changer. There is also holes drilled threw it at the bottom for the wires to go in.
20210216 121227

Then the pump is bolted to the bottom of the compartment
20210216 121222
If you need anymore pictures of anything let me know and I'll post them up.

Thats interesting. I may have to steal that idea lol.
Those pictures are sufficient! Thank you very much!

Cheers

Reactions: hydro s3