A3/S3 delivery lead time?

You've basically just started from scratch. Just because they've changed what you can order with effect front the price rises implemented on 04 April, doesn't mean they wouldn't have built your original order, they just wouldn't have taken orders for any more.

You'll also be paying the post price rise price as implemented on 04 April. You've shot yourself in the foot there, unless you had a strong preference gor the black edition.
Basically the preference I had was the option to fit a sunroof, the keyless entry and phone charger were not that high on my list. A bit disappointed that I will get the standard leather seats, and having no ambient light pack. Yet to see if I appreciate the 360 degree camera.

Just had a call mine arrived over the weekend in the UK, it had been at Emden over 4 weeks.

Put in my deposit for an S3 sedan in late March. So far I've been given a "provisionally confirmed" build week in October, which should make the waiting time for the car a bit more than 7 months in total. However, I've also been told that these dates move around some, and there is a possibility that it might also take a bit less time than is the current estimate.

Called Audi, revoked license in the app and reset everything then reactivated it all.

Now working fine
Mines doing the same, ( demo license) could you tell me how you revoke the license and sort this out please .

Mines doing the same, ( demo license) could you tell me how you revoke the license and sort this out please .
You have to go through it in the app, I can't remember where you revoke the license though. You then have to delete your car and re-add it.

Best to ring Audi digital team and they'll tell you how to do it, took about 10 minutes tops.

Hopefully collecting my new S3 next weekend, a "mere" 10 months and two weeks after ordering it. It spent 16 days at Emden, not sure if that represents a "long" wait or not.
Hopefully you'll get your puddle lights - picked up my S3 Sportback a week ago and it had none (just retrofitted the fronts today - a difficult job). I don't think it has ambient lighting either (haven't driven it in the dark to be sure).

Hopefully you'll get your puddle lights - picked up my S3 Sportback a week ago and it had none (just retrofitted the fronts today - a difficult job). I don't think it has ambient lighting either (haven't driven it in the dark to be sure).
I got the dealer to send me the full print out of what the car, as ordered, should have fitted - which includes the sill lights and ambient lighting pack. So if they are missing at least I have something to wave at them while I insist that the deficit is made good.

In theory, anyway :)

I got the dealer to send me the full print out of what the car, as ordered, should have fitted - which includes the sill lights and ambient lighting pack. So if they are missing at least I have something to wave at them while I insist that the deficit is made good.

In theory, anyway :)
All S3s are supposed to have what i'm missing, as standard spec. If yours doesn't have the ambient lights, i'd probably push them for a retrofit at my expense. My dealership didn't see it as their issue as Audi UK stated they were removing it from spec and it was just tough. I jumped on a stock car that was built in Feb 2023, they used that as an excuse why it wasn't there, with Audi's stance that they reserve the right to alter spec and stated an intent to do so for puddle lights early 2022. There've been a few S-lines coming through with the puddle lights, so i'm puzzled why my S3 didn't have them.

All S3s are supposed to have what i'm missing, as standard spec. If yours doesn't have the ambient lights, i'd probably push them for a retrofit at my expense. My dealership didn't see it as their issue as Audi UK stated they were removing it from spec and it was just tough. I jumped on a stock car that was built in Feb 2023, they used that as an excuse why it wasn't there, with Audi's stance that they reserve the right to alter spec and stated an intent to do so for puddle lights early 2022. There've been a few S-lines coming through with the puddle lights, so i'm puzzled why my S3 didn't have them.
"My dealership didn't see it as their issue as Audi UK stated they were removing it from spec and it was just tough."

Chances are they've a clause on the order form which says that they can deliver the car with the spec current at the time of manufacture. Mine does.

However if I generate a current spec on the Audi UK website it comes out with illuminated sills (I presume that's "puddle lights") and the extended ambient lighting, so they can't use that one if they aren't fitted.

"i'd probably push them for a retrofit at my expense." - what a kind an generous offer, I'll certainly push for a retrofit at your expense (just kidding :) ).

"My dealership didn't see it as their issue as Audi UK stated they were removing it from spec and it was just tough."

Chances are they've a clause on the order form which says that they can deliver the car with the spec current at the time of manufacture. Mine does.

However if I generate a current spec on the Audi UK website it comes out with illuminated sills (I presume that's "puddle lights") and the extended ambient lighting, so they can't use that one if they aren't fitted.

"i'd probably push them for a retrofit at my expense." - what a kind an generous offer, I'll certainly push for a retrofit at your expense (just kidding :) ).
I did mean at their expense - my fingertips are a little sore from this morning's retrofit, so typing and thinking are just too much right now - and i'm also trying to concentrate on the Newcastle match on the radio as I type: 2-1 to the Toon, Callum Wilson has just scored.

Reactions: ptf

Illuminated sills and puddle lights are two different things. One lights up the sill the other lights up the ground

Illuminated sills and puddle lights are two different things. One lights up the sill the other lights up the ground
Current spec is as per post-April 4th price rise. The one that was in place at the time of order placed is what counts if they don't change anything in the meantime (which is seemingly what's stung me as the Audi beams on the fronts has been S3 spec throughout 8Y ordering.

Just to confirm, I have the sills fitted.

> "Illuminated sills and puddle lights are two different things. One lights up the sill the other lights up the ground"

Ah, thanks. Though I think I spotted another post which says they should be part of the extended ambient lighting pack anyway?

> "Illuminated sills and puddle lights are two different things. One lights up the sill the other lights up the ground"

Ah, thanks. Though I think I spotted another post which says they should be part of the extended ambient lighting pack anyway?
Did you specifically spec the extended ambient lighting pack, or is it part of standard S3 spec? If it's the latter, then I clearly missed out on that with my S3.

Did you specifically spec the extended ambient lighting pack, or is it part of standard S3 spec? If it's the latter, then I clearly missed out on that with my S3.
Not specifically but a freshly generated spec and the pdf for my June 2022 config both say "QQ2 Extended Ambient Lighting Pack" as part of the standard equipment.

I've no idea when mine was ordered. being a "stock" build, nor whether the spec PDF ever had it on (it should've done, as standard S3 spec) - fingers crossed.

Is yours Vorsprung or standard? I should have mentioned mine's Vorsprung but the ambient lighting seems to be standard equipment on the "Black Edition" which is the "standard" car in the configurator at the moment (both saloon and sportback).

Though I suppose if it was an Audi "stock build" rather than a customer order which didn't go through it might have a slightly non standard spec.

Is yours Vorsprung or standard? I should have mentioned mine's Vorsprung but the ambient lighting seems to be standard equipment on the "Black Edition" which is the "standard" car in the configurator at the moment (both saloon and sportback).

Though I suppose if it was an Audi "stock build" rather than a customer order which didn't go through it might have a slightly non standard spec.
Mine's not a Vorsprung- should be a given you'll have your bits on.

You have to go through it in the app, I can't remember where you revoke the license though. You then have to delete your car and re-add it.

Best to ring Audi digital team and they'll tell you how to do it, took about 10 minutes tops.
I was going to ring them tomorrow after the bank holiday but today I noticed it’s sorted it’s self out and now shows the 3 years.

Hopefully collecting my new S3 next weekend, a "mere" 10 months and two weeks after ordering it. It spent 16 days at Emden, not sure if that represents a "long" wait or not.
Mine spent 23 days at Emden last month before it was shipped

just had a editon 1 delivered today brand new and it has no ambient lighting or puddle lights fitted, i thought these were standard on edition 1's?

just had a editon 1 delivered today brand new and it has no ambient lighting or puddle lights fitted, i thought these were standard on edition 1's?

Same as my new S3 collected 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Cited parts shortages as the reason, absolutely no comeback on Audi UK themselves.

Did you at least get a pair of audi beams in the glovebox for supposedly swapping over? Unless you're planning on retrofitting the wiring looms required and cutting a hole out of the bottom door card, they're effectively useless. It's a fair bit of work if you're very DIY competent - it looks far easier in the YouTube videos than it is. Getting the speaker grille off the door cards to access the door card bolts is just the worst!

The only ambient light in the dark that I have comes from the lit up dash buttons.

So this is we’re Audi confuses the heck out of me, I picked up an s-line (C&S) last week and it had puddle lights fitted and I was able swap my Audi beam over from my trade-in. Couldn’t spec extended ambient when I ordered in January 2023.

So this is we’re Audi confuses the heck out of me, I picked up an s-line (C&S) last week and it had puddle lights fitted and I was able swap my Audi beam over from my trade-in. Couldn’t spec extended ambient when I ordered in January 2023.
i had a 23 plate that had ambient lighting fitted. i only sold that as the same car become available but with sound and comfort so thought id get exactly same spec as its 23 plate aswell, have emailed the dealer and waiting a reply but not happy

Same as my new S3 collected 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Cited parts shortages as the reason, absolutely no comeback on Audi UK themselves.

Did you at least get a pair of audi beams in the glovebox for supposedly swapping over? Unless you're planning on retrofitting the wiring looms required and cutting a hole out of the bottom door card, they're effectively useless. It's a fair bit of work if you're very DIY competent - it looks far easier in the YouTube videos than it is. Getting the speaker grille off the door cards to access the door card bolts is just the worst!

The only ambient light in the dark that I have comes from the lit up dash buttons.
I think they save the parts for the Vorsprung S3's

Reactions: ptf
My Edition 1 I picked up last Friday has ambient and puddle, dealer fitted the beam for me before delivery and the standard are in the glove box.
Does yours have C&S fitted ?

My Edition 1 I picked up last Friday has ambient and puddle, dealer fitted the beam for me before delivery and the standard are in the glove box.
I'm not sure C & S has a bearing on it at all. My S3 had the C &S pack optioned and I still had no ambient or puddle lights fitted. I think its as simple as nearly every VAG car out there is missing something off the standard spec due to supply issues post Covid/due to the Ukraine war, with the exception of the models very recently launched e.g. Cupra Born. early ID3s were missing wireless phone charging and a few other bits, later ones and a lot of other VAG models lost Matrix headlights, the MK8 Golf is missing a few bits etc.

I don't think it even relates to current stock levels, absent parts seem to be designated at the point of order - if the part was unavailable then, you won't get it. That could mean that 2 exact same cars ordered 3 months apart but built around the same time because one had a longer lead time might not have the same spec

I'm not sure C & S has a bearing on it at all. My S3 had the C &S pack optioned and I still had no ambient or puddle lights fitted. I think its as simple as nearly every VAG car out there is missing something off the standard spec due to supply issues post Covid/due to the Ukraine war, with the exception of the models very recently launched e.g. Cupra Born. early ID3s were missing wireless phone charging and a few other bits, later ones and a lot of other VAG models lost Matrix headlights, the MK8 Golf is missing a few bits etc.

I don't think it even relates to current stock levels, absent parts seem to be designated at the point of order - if the part was unavailable then, you won't get it. That could mean that 2 exact same cars ordered 3 months apart but built around the same time because one had a longer lead time might not have the same spec
I was just wondering if orders with C&S got everything fitted.
My Edition 1 doesn’t seem to have anything missing that was on the order form.

Yeah this one has c&s fitted, my last 2 cars didnt and they both had ambient lighting. Its definitely on the spec sheet of the car

The new my black edition says ambient and puddle lights in the spec so am I right to assume this would definitely come with it all?

Wondering if anyone has any further updates on their waiting times? Especially interested in recent S3 saloon lead times.
I haven't had an update from my dealer for almost a month, and it seems they've also removed the S3 from configuration in my country's Audi website.

Rumours that my 45 TFSIe S Line competition is now on UK shores, although surprisingly the suggestion being at Newcastle (When Grimsby is only about an hour from me!). This is about 13months since it was ordered.

How long does it usually take to get to dealers when it lands in the UK?

I agree with what has been said previously on here, the long wait and little update provided has zapped most the joy and excitement out of the process, made worse that the lack of options on these cars available now!

Reactions: monkeyhanger
Rumours that my 45 TFSIe S Line competition is now on UK shores, although surprisingly the suggestion being at Newcastle (When Grimsby is only about an hour from me!). This is about 13months since it was ordered.

How long does it usually take to get to dealers when it lands in the UK?

I agree with what has been said previously on here, the long wait and little update provided has zapped most the joy and excitement out of the process, made worse that the lack of options on these cars available now!
My S3 was just shy of 2 weeks from landing in the UK to collecting at the dealer.

Reactions: monkeyhanger and Jak_11
Just placed an order for an A3 35 TFSI S Tronic Black Edition with tech pack, been told roughly around 3-4 month wait, is this about right? Also does anyone know if this will include the extended ambient lighting pack as there was no option to add it on & nothing on spec

Just placed an order for an A3 35 TFSI S Tronic Black Edition with tech pack, been told roughly around 3-4 month wait, is this about right? Also does anyone know if this will include the extended ambient lighting pack as there was no option to add it on & nothing on spec
Placed my order in April for A3 saloon Black edition with Tech pack pro, received phone call yesterday from the dealer saying it is due to be built in week 22, so hopefully have it in July sometime.

Reactions: vatdim
Placed my order in April for A3 saloon Black edition with Tech pack pro, received phone call yesterday from the dealer saying it is due to be built in week 22, so hopefully have it in July sometime.
Also asked about ambient light pack and was told that it will probably not be on car as not available to add on anymore, so likely hood won’t be on your order either, disappointing really as I really wanted it.