A3 quattro sport Vs S3 internals???

MeAndMyBaby

Can I Borrow 1.4 Bhp off anyone please
Reaction score
Just a quicky, I have an 2000 A3 1.8T quattro sport, i know the S3 is one up from mine then the 225 one up again but from what i know there are some engine changes apart from the turbo which makes it better. Theres loads of S3s being scrapped, whats to stop me getting the smaller mods to make mine better IE, bigger air intake i believe etc, My car is already mapped by AMD with a sports cat and straight through exhaust. Is it worth while looking into this further and if so what parts am i looking at. I was so miffed when AMD gave me the rolling road and i got 198.6bhp :rolleyes:

Didnt even break 200bhp, hopefully the exhaust has since improoved it by 1.4 bhp although it wouldnt suprise me if it had made it slower. Help guys

I'm not sure you are right in what you "know!"

S3 motor comes in various guises and HPs, some with VVT, some not.
Still 1.8, forged pistons and various rod and little end specs.

Generally a bit stronger than the stock 1.8T.

Same size intake as most 18ts, inlet is the other way around to allow the twin intercoolers. But Seats have similar inlets.

There are some versions of the 18t with larger ports, the early AGU motor is a large port head. Most of the more recent ones are small port heads.

You can sit the turbo from the s3 motor to the "normal" 18t motor, but its a big job! There is little point changing any other parts over from the s3, easier the whole motor, although this is not easy as ECUs are different generally.

S3 210 and 225 motors are pretty much identical, its just the mapping was different.

ok, thanks mate, i was just looking to increase the power without any more huge expense, i already have the exhaust and remap and not sure where to go now. prob just start saving for new car. nice one