Dynamik major issue and sale help!

PorkyWill

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time lurker here since my B7 RS4 days but not been on for a long time...

I have owned a black A4 dynamik estate for about 3 or so years now and it's just had a catastrophic failure and I'm not sure where to turn or what to do.

History wise, it's a 2011, black avant, DSG, 90,000 miles, full history. Had the piston work done by Audi and under warranty. Also had the gearbox selector switch done which are both issues I've seen happen on these cars. It's been as good as gold for ages and I had planned on keeping it for some time. However on Sunday it wouldn't start after I had driven it down the road. After having it towed, it would seem that that timing chain has jumped...great...I have made the decision to get a new car now, but I don't know what to do with this one...If it was a run of the mill A4 I would not be bothered but they are few and far between and as an enthusiast, I don't want to just scrap it!!

Would any of you have any advice? I mean the wheels are worth more than I'd probably get for scrap!

What would you do?

Thanks,

Will

If you have the time and patience break it for parts.

If you can get it diagnosed, sell it with the known fault instead of scrapping it.

OliNix
B8.5 S4 Avant - Glacier White

Thank you. I haven't the space, time or patience really. Would anyone buy it to do the work do you think? Should I use here or places like ebay/autotrader would you say?

eBay would be best, set the start price as the price you would get for scrap and just see how high it goes.

I rebuilt a B7 3.0TDI that had jumped timing chains. If you DIY, you can do it for about £1400

Either stick it up on ebay complete or strip it down!
The wheels body kit and interior should all be worth a fair bit, the "holographic" silver trim on the interior if complete and unmarked is a nice easy upgrade for someone with plain black or worse still wood effect...

How much would you be wanting for the whole car?

If you do decide to sell bits off it, I may be very interested in the instrument cluster, particularly the DIS situated between Speedo and rev counter as mines died. Waiting on main dealer to hit me with a price for them to do it for me, which I’m expecting to be expensive