Looking into this but totally lost!?

Stu_b7

Reaction score
So I’ve been reading up on robs posts about the catch cans and to be honest I get so confused about what is the best way to do it all!
So as it’s Black Friday and some good deals about I was wondering if people thinks this is a good price and starting point for my own catch can install?
Any help or guidance as to what I need would be much appreciated
f02e91965d1f3598b2003d588cdbeed9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is ok, only addresses half the problem though.
A lot of pennies for half the job.

That said it's a straight forward fit, maybe give it a go and see what you think.:icon thumright:

The problem with one piece cans is that you can't easily clean them out, you need to disconnect the hoses, and remove the can to clean it out properly , and for all those that say they don't need cleaning out as they have a drain plug, that's tosh, the drain just lets out the accumulated fluid it wont deal with the scum and sludge build up in the can.
A two-piece can is a more versatile unit as you have access to clean it fully when required.

One of the big plus points on why this tank works so well , and works very well on the B7 is the 50 micron bronze filter to the intake, it just traps so much nasty stuff getting back into the air flow, but need regular cleaning to work properly continuously, hence why the need to get at the tank easily and too be able to remove the tank without hassle to do regular proper cleaning.

upload_2018-10-21_20-22-57-png.168242

If you want to go with a part delete which retains the OE pcv input to the VC and then the By-pass to utilise a catch tank then its still going to be far better than the original PCV recirculation setup.

just get yourself a part delete plate, some silicone hose and the most important piece, a decent two-piece tank.

Reactions: Stu_b7
If you want to go with a part delete which retains the OE pcv input to the VC and then the By-pass to utilise a catch tank then its still going to be far better than the original PCV recirculation setup.

just get yourself a part delete plate, some silicone hose and the most important piece, a decent two-piece tank.

Ok thanks for the info rob glad you are so clued up on this, where would I be best to get a 2 piece can from?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk