Brake light Problem???

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi guys got a brake light problem that I cant seem to figure out. I Disconnected something in the rear left hand wheel arch me was thinking it was the standard sub obviously it wasn’t I guess?

Well driving along and my brake lights weren’t working non of them at all and no warnings nothing on my DIS.

I connected back up what I disconnected in the wheel arch and still the same. The brake lights are now coming on now and again, What could it be? I checked the Fuse and that was fine? Nothing on my DIS saying anything either and all ok when I start it up.

Any ideas??

Jason

Just changed the fuse after eventually finding the fuse-box (Clever place to put it actually).
Still not working Nothing on the DIS, So its gotta be a loose connection I guess??

I had a similar problem on my S3 and found it was the brake switch attached to the brake pedal, the part cost £7 from my local Audi Stealer.

Also really easy to fit. The first thing I would do is have a look and see if it helps pulling the plastic rod out more of the switch. It's all very easy to do.

Hope this helps.

My freind had the brake light switch fail on a Seat leon cupra, they use the same setup as a A3, i think its quite a common problem.