Question about TIPs

Effect

Reaction score
I am a little confused here, I have done a search and can't seem to find what I want.

What power difference does a TIP make ?

and also I have seen some pics of a cast metal TIP replacing a cast metal TIP and then I have seen thats ome people have fitted an uprated silicon TIP because of the standard one collapsing due to extra power when mapped.

So what are these 2 things I have seen obviously one is the TIP and one is something else.

Thanks
James

TIP doesnt increase power, just lets the air flow more freely, so there is more for the engine to use without the hose collapsing under harder driving.
To make the most of a remap, uprated hoses are a good idea, but in themselves dont provide more power.

As for the other cast metal thing, not sure what your talking about, pics?

I'm guessing the cast metal thing your refering to is made by Neuspeed?...

turbointakepipe.jpg

A TIP will increase power. Only marginally, but it will.

DPM said:
The Neuspeed won't fit the S3's turbo so your best off with this...

http://www.dpmautostyling.co.uk/catalogue/forgesilicone18t20vinductionhose-p-3299.html

I have one of these fitted, took me about 20 mins, good bit of room around the S3 hose.. well compared to the hose on my Ibiza Cupra.

However, I fail to see how the std hose collapses, it is braced with a metal wire around the bottom of the TIP.

the K03 based tips did not have this brace on them, so can understand that they could collapse