Valet button retrofit

***DK***

Reaction score
Probably pointless but may give this a go. I saw the US have a valet button in the glovebox that disables the boot when pressed. A guy over at audizine has helped with parts and wires. Goes where our airbag button is. Could place elsewhere. Kinda need a lockable glovebox too but oh well.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=17679&share_type=t&link_source=app

I'm slightly obsessed with trying to get every button available.

Possibly Homelink next ..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

It's also down to if the module it connects too supports that feature in our country, I'd check this before buying the parts.

A good warning, thanks will check

Maybe also worth checking the legal implications of modifying part of the safety system (airbag).

Wouldn't touch the airbag, was just saying that's the position it goes in in the States. I'd just position the switch elsewhere.

I can confirm this works. If anyone wants to do just follow post 2 and 3 from the Audizine link at the top. That lists the wiring and coding in module 9 central electrics and 46 comfort controller.

Function prevents the tailgate from opening via any buttons and displays a message on the DIS.

Thinking about it, it could actually be a decent theft prevention while cars are left standing because some theive's obd tools require access to the comfort module in the boot to unplug for a few seconds in order to allow them to hack via the obd to code new keys and drive away.

Will post a photo once the button is fully installed.
e08eb74d4d9388bf88fe005752e69da0.jpg

Switch now in position. I've put it at the back as I don't have a lockable glovebox so put it out the way as much as possible. May consider covering with carpet or other covering to disguise its existence. This really is a very pointless button for non-US but was interesting to complete the retrofit.

Attachments

• Valet.jpg
    Valet.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 190