• Poll closed .
sitrials said:
its easy options are...
NONE
GLOSS
SATAN

satan.jpg

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Definately get the satin ones, they look great and really set the S3 apart from A3's. I want a set myself but my car is Rocketship Silver so I'm not sure its really worth the price of the geniune items, on any other colour though its a no brainer, do it :icon_thumright:

yes matt finish as in the proper 1 peice aluminium ones.
thos cheap CHROME copies are ebay are crap! but would do if they came in a matt/satin finish!

You can still tell those ebay mirrors though as the genunine polished mirrors are still more matt looking than the plastic covers :)

Mine are genuine:

I voted satin as came on my Ming Blue S3

yaxc.jpg

When i was looking for the car i wanted the gloss ones but glad i have these now, lots of naff cars cruising round with chrome effect mirror covers. Satin items set them apart i reckon.

my 2p

anyone know how to tell it they are the real deal? Im guesing that if they are metal then they are real?

Nick

The OE ally ones are one piece cast solid items. Wasnt aware that they came in gloss and satin/matt though.

Is that particular to year? What other mirrors fit the S3? I've heard A4/S4 ones do?

satin has got to be the way to go. Once i have some spare cash i will be purchising a pair of the solid aluminium ones, as an engineer myself i can appriecate the work that has gone into producing them and could never opt for the cheap plastic ones.

On a darker car the brushed ali ones look good, the polished ones are a little too bling imo

and mine are body coloured :p