Cabriolet hood cleaning

Hammy

Reaction score
My mum's just bought an A4 cab and I was gonna help her give it a good detail.

Was wondering what the best stuff is to clean the hood with? Does anybody know if there are products for conditioning the hood with as well?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated folks.

We use Zymol products for general hood care. We start by cleaning the fabric using Zymol Fabrique, which you activate by mixing with sparkling water in a mixing bottle. This is sprayed on, and the product then goes to work dissolving and lifting grime. After a few mins, we use waffle weave towels to pat dry the fabric, taking the mucky foam away. After allowing to dry naturally, we then mist the fabric with Field Glaze, and work it in thoroughly with our bare hands. This encourages the product to seep into the fabric, thus adding water repellency. It also leaves a nice factory looking finish. I have to admit though, we've not used this method to correct a badly faded hood, so can't vouch for the improvement it will give in this respect. Good alternatives if the Zymol route is too dear or not to your liking would be the convertible hood kits by 303 that Motorgeek sell.

When I bought my cabrio the hood was covered in grime and algae. I used renevo cabriolet cleaner and it brought it back to new. My hood is blue and looks as good now as the day it was made. its pretty easy stuff to use too, wet the fabric, paint it on, rub with a firm brush (not too hard or you may mark the pile) you can see all the grime get lifted. Then wash off with lots of water.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renovo-Convertible-Soft-Top-Canvas-Cleaner-Hood-New_W0QQitemZ250138215585QQihZ015QQcategoryZ72201QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheersfor the advice guys. I reckon the zymol may be a bit pricey 4 what my mum's after, but the other 2 are definately a possibility. It's a blue hood as well, so this is v helpful stevey. Thanks guys.