Deleting Emails from mobile phones.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Evening all.
A question for those in the know.
I am about to reset my old iphone 5 just realised that if i just wipe it all the emails on the phone will go, thats fine but it will delete them from my Gmail account aswell .
When at home i use my gmail from my PC but when i delete emails on my phone they also go from my pc mailbox .

Only seems to happen with gmail as my BT mail wont delete mail on the server only unless i specify it on the device that i'm deleting them from.

any thoughts chaps.

Evening all.
A question for those in the know.
I am about to reset my old iphone 5 just realised that if i just wipe it all the emails on the phone will go, thats fine but it will delete them from my Gmail account aswell .
When at home i use my gmail from my PC but when i delete emails on my phone they also go from my pc mailbox .

Only seems to happen with gmail as my BT mail wont delete mail on the server only unless i specify it on the device that i'm deleting them from.

any thoughts chaps.
Yes it delete from account not just phones thats how it works but I'm on samsung

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks martin, so i'm thinking to just delete the gmail account and setting from the phone that way the email wont be accessable on the phone but left unchanged on the gmail server, correct.

Thanks martin, so i'm thinking to just delete the gmail account and setting from the phone that way the email wont be accessable on the phone but left unchanged on the gmail server, correct.
If you do a full factory reset on phone it should delete all accounts on the phone and have no effect on your accounts

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk