Exhaust Vacuum valves.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As in the title really chaps.
I've a few thing going around the old grey cells at present , one being Exhaust Vacuum valves.
Anyone tried them on the B7 platform.

Toying with a new custom pipe setup to go with the big turbo project , saw these and had a light bulb moment.
Down the rs4 sort of route .
Audi-S4-with-Vacuum-valves-copy.jpg

Reactions: Sidrick
Contact ecs tuning Rob they do a universal one not really looked into it but i know they do one and it comes with everything you need and has a switch ect, also fits to any exhaust you just have to choose there diameter option something you could probably do yourself as well.

Give them a ring :icon thumright:

Oh.
You don't want those surely, Rob?
Its not like any of our cars sound like a milk float.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and DieselJake
Straight pipe and forget :icon thumright:
Think thats the point of the exhaust valve using it as a daily or going on holiday in it you wouldn't want a straight pipe as much as i love a loud car it would pi$$ me off hearing droning and constant loud noise if your on a road trip or travelling a long way.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I seem to recall reading an article on the subject of performance engine upgrades using a specific type of valve in conjuction with a switchable ecu map.

I can't find it now but the basic idea was that with a uprated engine and exhaust system fitted, with a specifc type of vacuum valve that operated in conjunction with a switchable ecu mapp you could have an improved level of performance when the valve was open at a given rpm or similar function.
It was something down those lines , you'd have a tuned lump with two different output levels and sound levels aswell depending on wether the valve was opened by the ecu map or something.

I was'nt looking for the increased sound level as the main function , that would be a by-product of the valves function, more a case of the possible effect of gaining extra torque or output.

I seem to recall reading an article on the subject of performance engine upgrades using a specific type of valve in conjuction with a switchable ecu map.

I can't find it now but the basic idea was that with a uprated engine and exhaust system fitted, with a specifc type of vacuum valve that operated in conjunction with a switchable ecu mapp you could have an improved level of performance when the valve was open at a given rpm or similar function.
It was something down those lines , you'd have a tuned lump with two different output levels and sound levels aswell depending on wether the valve was opened by the ecu map or something.

I was'nt looking for the increased sound level as the main function , that would be a by-product of the valves function, more a case of the possible effect of gaining extra torque or output.
That’s something the tuner can do anyway Rob you don't need a vacuum exhaust valve, its just a switchblade map, it can be made to be put on a button or whatever way suits you.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Evening Ricky.
Yep I knew about the switchable map setup, the vacuum valve was another function all together.
The valve worked with the ecu map not just as a valve that can be opened /closed randomly , this was a directly controlled by the ecu/map.

Not the original article I read but down the same lines.
It's for the R8 , the article I read was for the B7 .

Upload 2020 6 8 21 9 1