Help needed please with ABS LIGHT

Tony5496

Reaction score
Hi could somebody help please. I have change the battery on my Audi 1.8T cab on 2003 The car has been in garage for a couple of months. So after the fitting new battery I’ve got ABS light on and steering angle sensor light. So I scanned it it came back with driver-side rear ABS sensor . So I took Wheeler off and had a look. The pick up ring on the ABS on the back of the hub was very rusty. So I change the whole hub and bearing unit . Put it all back together . Then it came up with the rear left hand side . SO changed that side hub and bearing on that side as well . Then I scanned it it came back up with the right ABS sensor so I change the ABS sensor on the right tonight . Now it’s saying that side is ok. And now coming up with ABS sensor passenger-side . Just so confused have I changed all this for nothing could it just be an electrical fault help needed as pulling hair out. Just seems strange it was ok when I put the car away in garage. For a couple of months then put new battery on and got the ABS light on .

Check for rust on the actual abs sensor, its magnetic and any pieces of rust that drop off stick to it and upsets the air gap between the reluctor ring and the abs sensor. Quite common on a car that's been unused for some time.

Mines currently stuck in placethe wire was snapped off all rusted in ... i've tried in vain to get it out but looks like a rear hub off job to get it out thats a job for the garage i have got the patience to be messing around for 2/3/4 hours

Mines currently stuck in placethe wire was snapped off all rusted in ... i've tried in vain to get it out but looks like a rear hub off job to get it out thats a job for the garage i have got the patience to be messing around for 2/3/4 hours
Take the disc off and just smash it through.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

ok i can give that a try, is it possible to remove the disc without removing the caliper, i read something about notches or something

Caliper needs to come off but you can leave the carrier on if memory is correct. It's only two 13 mm bolts.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk