Would you bash me for buying in today's climate?

KhalifaA3

Reaction score
Hey all,

Hope you're all keeping safe. I've been lurking at used cars since February - however, I'm getting mixed messages from friends and families to either buy now or not to buy now... Would it be a foolish to spend 8-9k on a used car in today's climate?

Some people are under the impression that "winter is coming" and that prices will be slashed like the Christmas toy sale in Sainsbury's however, my opinion is that whilst the coronavirus continues or even once the pandemic is over more and more people will want to travel by car as opposed to public transport...

What are your thoughts? Wait for the pound to become Zimbabwe money or pull the trigger as soon as something comes about?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Guess it depends what the intended use of the car is; if this is intended to be the primary form of transport rather than a second car or appreciating asset probably best not to time the market.

I dunno if there’s a right time or a wrong time currently. My situation is that I seen a very nice RS3 150 mile away and put a deposit on it over the phone. My life hasn’t changed, I’m still working(sometimes 6 days a week) I’m at the supermarket every Friday. The dogs are being walked, so I don’t see why I should hold off spending what money is mine.

only drawback is I can’t get my hands on the car .

Reactions: Marshy
Exactly this
If it’s the right time for you that’s all that matters.
Try your luck for a deal but if it’s the right car then why not.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
The best time to buy a car is when you see exactly the car you want at a price you can afford.

Reactions: Marky79 and Charlie Farley
I dunno if there’s a right time or a wrong time currently. My situation is that I seen a very nice RS3 150 mile away and put a deposit on it over the phone. My life hasn’t changed, I’m still working(sometimes 6 days a week) I’m at the supermarket every Friday. The dogs are being walked, so I don’t see why I should hold off spending what money is mine.

only drawback is I can’t get my hands on the car .
........i see a lot of dealers are now offering to deliver cars for free with what's going on etc. Can't you try this route & ask them to deliver it for you?.

Reactions: Marky79
........i see a lot of dealers are now offering to deliver cars for free with what's going on etc. Can't you try this route & ask them to deliver it for you?.
They don’t seem keen, sales are working from home, but service are in. A young me from 25yr ago would deliver cars to customers at distance. So I don’t know what’s changed.

They don’t seem keen, sales are working from home, but service are in. A young me from 25yr ago would deliver cars to customers at distance. So I don’t know what’s changed.
............can they not arrange a contactless hand over for you?. Again dealers are doing this for service etc so maybe they could arrange it?.

............can they not arrange a contactless hand over for you?. Again dealers are doing this for service etc so maybe they could arrange it?.
The sales dept isn’t open as they’re working from home. I still can’t see why they can’t instruct the workshop and valeting to prep the car and have a valeter deliver it. Documents can be signed digitally. All I can think is that they don’t want to deliver it as distance selling regulations come in to play.

The sales dept isn’t open as they’re working from home. I still can’t see why they can’t instruct the workshop and valeting to prep the car and have a valeter deliver it. Documents can be signed digitally. All I can think is that they don’t want to deliver it as distance selling regulations come in to play.
.........exactly some around near me are doing just that. Hope you get it soon.

Reactions: Marky79