Facelift Factory vcds 09 channel adapation map

• Thread starter Deleted member 117185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 117185

Hi all,

I’m working on a problem for a customer - they have bought a new car and it’s front coming home/leaving home lights are not quite functioning as they should (I don’t believe). When dark, the rear DRL’s come on ok, same with front DRL’s and dipped beam. But when it’s day time and light outside, dipped beam does not come on as it should, but the front DRL’s do NOT come on as a coming home/leaving home light, and I believe they should?

If anyone could send me an Adaptions map from an Audi A3 facelift with full LED front lights (from factory), it would be much appreciated!! I assume their lights function as above!

Every Audi I’ve had does exactly what you described above so I would say it’s normal. Coming home and leaving lights only work in the dark. Drl only come on when ignition is on hence daytime ‘running’ lights.
Rear lights turn on as well during the day, led rears as far as I know, when ignition is on.

Every Audi I’ve had does exactly what you described above so I would say it’s normal. Coming home and leaving lights only work in the dark. Drl only come on when ignition is on hence daytime ‘running’ lights.
Rear lights turn on as well during the day, led rears as far as I know, when ignition is on.

thank you so much, I’ve been wracking my brain over this! All adaption channels looked ok! Thanks for confirming :)

Reactions: AlS3BE
There is a few annoying things in the new Audi’s that bug me with the lights compared to my a6.
Rear lights can’t be turned off during the day, I think this use to be called Scandinavian lights or something but used to be able to be turned on/off.
Coming home/leaving lights at night can’t be set to just the DRL. dipped beam has to come on which annoys the neighbours when I go out at night or when I come home at night.

There is a few annoying things in the new Audi’s that bug me with the lights compared to my a6.
Rear lights can’t be turned off during the day, I think this use to be called Scandinavian lights or something but used to be able to be turned on/off.
Coming home/leaving lights at night can’t be set to just the DRL. dipped beam has to come on which annoys the neighbours when I go out at night or when I come home at night.

I actually managed to turn off dipped beams as drl. When I had standard led headlights, worked a treat. When I kept the same coding and retrofitted my matrix lights - I got an error in vcds stating something like “low voltage - dipped beam”. When I reversed the changes the error went away.

I can only assume matrix lights have an extra start up check when running, and as the lights expect to come on as CH/LH when dark (And they don’t after the changes), I got the error in Modules D6 and D7. See link below.

https://imgur.com/gallery/iTqMBJC

If you’d like to try it can I share the coding.

when I tried to turn dipped beam off the drl stayed off with it. Couldn’t even use the fog lights as in the led lights they are all weather lights so not the same.
Anyway I’ve learn to live with it now. Almost 2 years so getting itchy feet for a new car :wink:

when I tried to turn dipped beam off the drl stayed off with it. Couldn’t even use the fog lights as in the led lights they are all weather lights so not the same.
Anyway I’ve learn to live with it now. Almost 2 years so getting itchy feet for a new car :wink:

https://imgur.com/gallery/XLwoDXC

If you’re interested, there’s the instructions :)

With PFL I could select between coming home lights and/or leaving home lights. Can’t see how to do that on FL with matrix LED - it’s all or nothing.