Leak in boot?

Adam Evans

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Few weeks ago I found a a puddle of screenwash in my boot under the magic lid where the spare tyre is etc.

I thought the screen wash bottle had tipped over so dried it up and cleaned it out and thought nothing of it I checked it again today and found that the same area was still damp.

Any ideas where the leak could be coming from?,

Its an Audi A3 2015 8V 2.0 TDI, rear washer works out, did stop working for a bit so poke it with a needle to clear any dirt and seems to be fine since.

i first noticed as it leaked screenwash onto the hatch central locking motor causing that to fault. Brittle plastic which split when it was freezing temps and freezing the jet housing. With not using the rear wash as much as the fronts, it went un noticed, until my hatch wouldnt lock.

Cheers ill check the pipework out on the weekend,

I am following this to remove the trim -
I check just the jetts and they where clear -
Following this to remove the wiper motor -

Anything else where I should be checking?

Well I checked today, I think it was the washer jet as only one hole was working. Quick clean and a bit of WD40 and its seems to sorted it.

Do you know if the screenwash should be leaking though the bumper and at the bottom of the rear drivers arch?. I did have a bit of overflow in the boot as I found that black vent thing under the rear light pushed into the bumper. Any idea what is for?

This is the part, its where you would keep the tow eye etc. (sorry for the crap photo mother -in-law)

Also the screen wash is running down the rear inside of the bumper over the parking sensors is this normal?

Attachments

• 90619545_137979544304704_6721260244963426304_n.jpg
    90619545_137979544304704_6721260244963426304_n.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 135
The guys here managed to sort me out, bumper off and fitted. No more leak inside boot finally.

New jet ordered for washer as the low is only squirting a little and higher is all over the shop, £7 quid from ebay audi.

Checked underneath the plastics and no leak there phew.