A word of warning if you are up to no good

Incredible all the data that is gathered. Surely only a matter of time before it is used to give tickets for speeding?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tickedon and WesT-gefül
Whilst car related it isn't exactly really aimed at A4 owners but another brand. It's not really surprising though. Like most things, such as speeding, if you're not doing a thing wrong you've little to fear....

Last edited:
I can safely say that police access to this data will have been considered entirely proportionate and necessary to the level of offence being investigated i.e. murder. It might also be proportionate and necessary for lesser offences, such as burglary; or for immediate life at risk issues, such as a person believed to present a real, serious and immediate threat of self-harm. But, subject to the specific circumstances, police do not have carte blanche to request access to such data for 'low level' offences. Never say never, but there is no routine access to such data for low level speeding offences, that is unless speeding is suspected to be a contributory factor to a serious traffic offence e.g. causing death by dangerous or careless driving - in which case not only location data but data from the ECU itself could well be used to evidence it. As cuke2u says, if you're not doing anything wrong there's nothing to fear here. Indeed, there's much to appreciate, for if you or a family member were to be victim of a serious crime, or life at risk, you'd very much want / expect the police to have the access...

Reactions: tickedon and Daggerit
So as long are you aren’t murdering people with a cross bow we’re all ok ?
Phew, I can keep the S4 then

Reactions: tickedon and Inked
I can safely say that police access to this data will have been considered entirely proportionate and necessary to the level of offence being investigated i.e. murder. It might also be proportionate and necessary for lesser offences, such as burglary; or for immediate life at risk issues, such as a person believed to present a real, serious and immediate threat of self-harm. But, subject to the specific circumstances, police do not have carte blanche to request access to such data for 'low level' offences. Never say never, but there is no routine access to such data for low level speeding offences, that is unless speeding is suspected to be a contributory factor to a serious traffic offence e.g. causing death by dangerous or careless driving - in which case not only location data but data from the ECU itself could well be used to evidence it. As cuke2u says, if you're not doing anything wrong there's nothing to fear here. Indeed, there's much to appreciate, for if you or a family member were to be victim of a serious crime, or life at risk, you'd very much want / expect the police to have the access...
Spoken like a true Copper ;)