Humming noise when driving.

Audi Ashley

Reaction score
So guys, I can hear a faint hum coming from I think the wheels, sometimesw around bang on 50mph and then 70mph. its only faint. (its one of those noises only I can hear and the Mrs can not).

Could it be my tires? Im hoping its not my wheel bearings, car is only 2016 on 24k miles?

any suggestions ?

So guys, I can hear a faint hum coming from I think the wheels, sometimesw around bang on 50mph and then 70mph. its only faint. (its one of those noises only I can hear and the Mrs can not).

Could it be my tires? Im hoping its not my wheel bearings, car is only 2016 on 24k miles?

any suggestions ?

Sounds more like bearings I am afraid. You'd need to get the car up on the ramp to find out the exact cause. Bearings can cause uneven wear on the tires too and that can cause humming noise as well. Better getter it checked.

Ah shoot. Not had the car that long. To be honest this noise has only come about since i had the tracking done as apparanlty it was well out. Well I will ask them to have a look when its in for its service. its not that loud to be annoying, yet.