2 Button Remote Flick Key

dan.obi

Reaction score
Hi when i purchaced my car i only had 2 keys and since bad weather i accedently droped my key in a F***ING Puddle and now it doesn't work and have been doing some investigaing into the key and have found out that the key is very difficult to source does anyone know where i am able to puchace one of them i do have pics of key if one is needed but dont know how to post them on here.

:motz:

These keys are pretty resilient, take it apart and remove the battery then put it in the airing cupboard for 24hrs to dry out, then if any water stains remain clean the circuitry with IPA cleaning solvent (from maplin)

A new key will require coding with VAG-COM or by your dealer

A4Quattro said:
These keys are pretty resilient, take it apart and remove the battery then put it in the airing cupboard for 24hrs to dry out, then if any water stains remain clean the circuitry with IPA cleaning solvent (from maplin)

A new key will require coding with VAG-COM or by your dealer

Hi have taken the key to be programmed and they say there is no frequency there for the key is dead. and a replacement is needed, any ideas of where i can get hold of one.

Thanks mate that will do but i was really looking at a new key if anyone has any idead as the key has got 3 days still to run i will see what others say about places for new one's

Maybe get a 3 button key and disregard the middle button.

If your old key still works in the ignition, the transponder capsule in the key end is still ok.

If so, you only need to buy the correct remote half of the fob.

If you had a 2 button flip key, these 2 & 3 button remote parts should work:

4D0 837 231
4D0 837 231 A
4D0 837 231 B
4D0 837 231 N
4D0 837 231 R

inigoj said:
If your old key still works in the ignition, the transponder capsule in the key end is still ok.

If so, you only need to buy the correct remote half of the fob.

If you had a 2 button flip key, these 2 & 3 button remote parts should work:

4D0 837 231
4D0 837 231 A
4D0 837 231 B
4D0 837 231 N
4D0 837 231 R

i got hold of one the other week but was told it's not for this country the coed is 4DO.837.231D can anyone tell me if this is the case or is the bloke just trying to pull a fast one.

The European and USA keys work on different frequencies.

UK remotes work on 433.92MHz

The US remotes work on 315MHz

It states the MHz on the back of the remote half of the fob.

Also, the three button keys do NOT work on the 2 button enabled cars.

Its a pain and I've been on the lookout for a suitable key for months.

You could just pay the £150 to Audi and get a brand new key.

Some of the 3 button remotes do work on the 2 button cars.

The boot unlock doesnt do anything though.

Ah learn something new every day.

None of the three buttons I've had have worked with my old 2 button immobiliser based unit.

Ebay keys seem to be hit or miss. Some work some don't. I ended up getting my spare from the local dealer, £105 fully programmed and ready to go.

Not very useful on an Audi forum but...

Audi should make keys like old Jag remotes... I accidentally lost the keys to a customers XJ and then found them in, of all places, a bucket of water... took them out (rather sheepishly!) to find they still worked! Took them apart, to make sure there was no water still inside, to discover Jaguar had designed the rubber part (of the buttons) to extend out to the exterior edges of the fob to make a waterproof seal for the circuit board. Clever Jaguar!

whats the best thing to do for a replacement get one of ebay or buy from audi ??

I'd be tempted to go with Audi..

Ebay, as previous stated, is hit 'n miss.

I'm actually nipping to my local Audi at lunch, I will enquire (if I remember!!)

if you can that would be great dont want to risk ebay !! plus they are old keys etc !!

I'd be tempted to go with Audi..

Ebay, as previous stated, is hit 'n miss.

I'm actually nipping to my local Audi at lunch, I will enquire (if I remember!!)

I'm sorry mate, but I had 101 things to chase up and I never got round to asking about the key. It's something I must look into myself though as I'm about to have a new key cut/programmed.

As and when, I will keep this topic updated. (It may be a while yet...)