Facelift Tyres

Ben Roberts

Reaction score
Been searching through the forums I have the 18inch wheels which tyres are due to be replaced. Currently have the pzero and I’m looking at Goodyear’s, Michelin’s etc. Can anyone recommend which tyres come with a decent rim protection the wife drives it quite a lot so accept it’s not full proof but a little protection is better than none.

Just need recommendations for something decent grip and rim protection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been searching through the forums I have the 18inch wheels which tyres are due to be replaced. Currently have the pzero and I’m looking at Goodyear’s, Michelin’s etc. Can anyone recommend which tyres come with a decent rim protection the wife drives it quite a lot so accept it’s not full proof but a little protection is better than none.

Just need recommendations for something decent grip and rim protection

On my last car I had Pirelli Cinturato P7 factory fit. From memory they had rim protection and over 5yrs , [1/3rd on winters] I had no kerb damage.

Colin

Reactions: Ben Roberts
The Pirelli’s do have one of if not the biggest Rim protection I think.

Reactions: Ben Roberts
P Zeros have great alloy protection, but as a driving tyre I’d say Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the best, raved about by motoring journalists too

Reactions: Audi Bairn
P Zeros have great alloy protection, but as a driving tyre I’d say Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the best, raved about by motoring journalists too

Don’t do the supers in 18’s do they?

I agree on both points. Although my preferred tyre was always Michelin PS, the factory fit P Zero had fantastic rim protection and I renewed them with the same tyre last year.

Reactions: Bells
Can’t beat the Pirelli pzero ao tyres for rim protection. They must be the biggest I’ve seen. Wouldn’t say they are the best tyre out there but a very good all rounder.if you decide to get them make sure you get the AO marked ones as ones without don’t seem to have as big rim protector.

Reactions: Ben Roberts, Flying Scotsman and Audi Bairn
I agree re the PZero rim protection, but Assy 5's seem quite good too looking at the pics hereabouts.

Reactions: Ben Roberts and Audi Bairn
I agree re the PZero rim protection, but Assy 5's seem quite good too looking at the pics hereabouts.

Torn between the eagle asym 5 or just stick with the Pirelli’s. I’m favouring Goodyear’s but can’t seem to find anything on how good or bad the rim protection is

Avons.

Buy British. Tested in Britain and no import tax, so cheaper.

Used them for ten years on cars that exceeed 500BHP and always performed wonderfully, especially in the wet, with a meeaty rim protection and quieter than Pirelli's, so less road roar.

Avons.

Buy British. Tested in Britain and no import tax, so cheaper.

Used them for ten years on cars that exceeed 500BHP and always performed wonderfully, especially in the wet, with a meeaty rim protection and quieter than Pirelli's, so less road roar.

Any photos of RIM protection for particular tyre model?

Any photos of RIM protection for particular tyre model?

avon-zz5-hero1.png