Headlight were not adjusted fault

e9_mustii

Reaction score
Excuse all the typos and poor Grammer in advance.

Basicly last night i was trying to enable the beep on lock feature, stumbled on the headlight adjustment learning feature just looking through option without actualy doing anything and got a error message and fault code 01539 "headlights were not adjusted" cant seem to clear the fault code. Found on old post back in 2010 with instruction on how to fix for people who gets this after removing headlights or lowering the car.

Anyway it shows you how to do a factory reset and then do the basic setting adjustment, but after the factory reset i got this fault 00003 which is control module faulty,

Got to my car today to find the battery was fully drained
7230ef68412f923f75912de364cf765e.jpg
ced4d7474ec64b60388c651cec64dd3f.jpg
4ae174343dfec8fbc4d9a5b2e1e311bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

If you left the lights on & car not started whilst messing with coding, they will drain the battery quickly.

Module 55 needs recoding/basic setting of this is translated from the error code correctly.

Reactions: e9_mustii
If you left the lights on & car not started whilst messing with coding, they will drain the battery quickly.

Module 55 needs recoding/basic setting of this is translated from the error code correctly.
Will i need someone who has vag com or can this be done through obd11. Also do you anyone who could do this or walk me through it

should be able to do it in obdeleven but may have to slightly modify the process due to its software interface. Do the below with the engine running and then you should be able to clear all your fault codes. You can skip the part where you actually adjust them and move on to the next step.

Basic Setting
Headlight Adjustment
[Select]
[55 - Xenon Range]
[Basic Settings - 04]

Group 001
[Go!]
Activate the Basic Setting.
[ON/OFF/Next]

• The meas. block field now shows "Wait" and should switch to "Adjust Headlights" then (this may take up to 10 seconds).
  • Adjust the headlights using their manual adjusting screws as referenced against a suitable aiming target. (skip this as you are not changing the adjustment)
[ON/OFF/Next]
The adjustment should now be learned.
[Done, Go Back]
Don't forget to check/clear fault codes afterwards.
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

yea no it doesnt work, cant seem to do it through obd11, are you local by any chance if you can pm me your no. i can whatsapp it to you or if your local i could drop by and you can have a go with vcds

Just get this
97a954db76787ab472bff5aa4c528515.jpg

I take it the lights are on when you are doing this and on flat ground? Hold the green tick and you will see the headlights move up and down. Let go after they finish moving around 10 seconds. After that click on the tick button again to accept the settings. If not NHN is probably best to help and resolve this as this is his trade and know him personally and is way more knowledgeable

See this link on using obdeleven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea headlight on and on straight road and lights won't move up or down, although if i go.to.output test i can sometimes make them move up and down but correctly it wont let me.do that either too

I think you need more advanced help than I can offer. Speak to Nigel (NHN) he is much more knowledgeable and knows these 8p's inside out.

gonna see a guy tomorrow who does a lot of this stuff and is local to me, found him through the VCDS map hopefully he can sort out it if not then i hope nigel (NHN) lives in london :D

London is no problem, WhatsApp me.

Reactions: Umaar
gonna see a guy tomorrow who does a lot of this stuff and is local to me, found him through the VCDS map hopefully he can sort out it if not then i hope nigel (NHN) lives in london :D
Will get to the bottom of the issue I am sure :)

Looks like you’re in good hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup DJAlix ended my stress in a matter of minutes very good at what he does and very friendly, can't recommend enough very pleased :))

Hey guys i have almost the same problem, could somebody help me please ?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-11-30 at 9.49.44 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-30 at 9.49.44 PM.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 520
I have to change the sensor ? Or what i have to do ? Thank you .

Just to update this post with the latest; it seems like the bug in the Android app experienced above has been resolved. But the iOS app (Version 1.5.1) still contains the bug. Got my control unit stuck in adaption/alignment mode using the iOS app. Managed to resolve it using the Android app.