Manifold bolt keeps coming loose

Ryan s3

Reaction score
Been getting an issue where a bolt works it way loose
If you take of the charge pipe and look directly down where the manifold is (above the turbo)
There is 3 torque bolts and dont seem to have any purpose what so ever.
They keep working them self loose.
Any idears ?

Remind me if this is a hybrid build mate.... those bolts hold the turbo to the manifold if I’m not mistaken.... if they keep loosening, maybe get some nordlock washers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No k04 bam, happend 5 times now and even have new tps bolts fitted now.
I have had boost issues recently and resolved the bolt issue and fitted a new n75 at the same time.
Is it possible that if the n75 was faulty it would cause too much pressure and cause the issues ??

You getting any fault codes? If your N75 is faulty then there’s no control or intermittent control on boost pressure.

You need to do some longing ideally and see what’s going on.

I had a code recently n249/n75 mechanical failure and found a snapped pipe under the inlet.
It was causing a surging noise but boost has been a little up and down since.
Traction controll coming in in 1st and second gear and other days feels really flat.
That is why I changed n75.
The bolt issue has been doing my head in for ages now

If I was you..... I’d look at getting some nordlock washers and torquing those bolts up to what they need to be. If your turbo is coming from the manifold then that’s something you don’t want to happen, could potentially effect boost I guess. Someone else might know better than me. But that would be my first point of call.

@S3AMJ did you not have a issue of bolts working lose after your turbo upgrade?

Only thing that was playing up mate was the EGT probe working loose, mainly down to the different materials expanding and contracting lots. Bill at Badger5 tightened it right up which lasted a long while. I ended up putting a nordlock washer in and it’s been fine since.

I will look into those washers. I just had a horrendous noise + check engine light on my car. The bolts attaching the KO4 to the manifold were so loose that I guess it was causing air to leak into the system and confuse the ECU as it would differ from the MAF readings. I only drove for about 4 miles with the noise (raspy, metallic noise) until I stopped the car. Anyone know if there is likely to be lasting damage to the KO4?

Seems to drive perfectly fine now I have tightened the bolts. No check engine light or untoward noises.